The Value Logistics FAST ONE

Long Wheel Base

With such cycling skill, one can only ponder how the hell that "rider" (who swerve & brake sharply) get into the AL seeding in the first place.

Maybe he is a strong MTBer?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went down 10kms later @#$%^ ... At least i'm here to tell the tale :)

Sti gave grief so I ended up riding a fixie for 15kms (so much for 22 gears,lol).. eventually I just stopped and stripped it to get it working again.

Some A guys really need to be more vigilant and hold lines, this zigging and zagging just because you can is so dangerous(Twits).

I had fun in spite of the drama and chatted to some cool okes ... howsit Johan.. Glad you said Hi

Kudos for surviving out there Soldiers !

Ag nee man, what's it with you and crashing? Hope you didn't damage your bike again. I went looking for you at the Esmero tent, but I think one of the guys there thought I was wanting to swipe a boerie roll, got a skeef look, so left ;)

Maybe he is a strong MTBer?

Quite plausible, that idea also makes me think of linking to the other post (of cheating in a MTB race events)

Ag nee man, what's it with you and crashing? Hope you didn't damage your bike again. I went looking for you at the Esmero tent, but I think one of the guys there thought I was wanting to swipe a boerie roll, got a skeef look, so left ;)

Next time, ask for me as well...

:thumbup:

Just after the right turn IN AL, about 23kms up the drag, we lost the main A bunch...

About 5-6 of us at first started rotating and going as fast as we can..(Tempo)

We picked up a few more riders who were spat out in A then formed an awesome bunch who worked very hard until we hit the Built up area under the bridge where the Leading B Bunch caught & brought us home....

Awesome riding guys... ;)

I was on the Blue/ Black Giant Propel..

B batch was awesome today, besides an AL rider wearing a green top and baggies, he was causing some issues aswell, luckily no crashes that I saw.

Finished top 10 in B, PB :)

Something slightly different, I've noticed that there were a few cameramen on route in today's event (and obviously they're not from usual jetline photographers group)

Any know who they were & would those photos be upload somewhere that the public can view?

Next time, ask for me as well...

:thumbup:

Just after the right turn IN AL, about 23kms up the drag, we lost the main A bunch...

About 5-6 of us at first started rotating and going as fast as we can..(Tempo)

We picked up a few more riders who were spat out in A then formed an awesome bunch who worked very hard until we hit the Built up area under the bridge where the Leading B Bunch caught & brought us home....

Awesome riding guys... ;)

I was on the Blue/ Black Giant Propel..

Hey bud, I think I was one of those 5-6. I was on the BMC with blue top.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, we really did well.

I went down 10kms later @#$%^ ... At least i'm here to tell the tale :)

Sti gave grief so I ended up riding a fixie for 15kms  (so much for 22 gears,lol).. eventually I just stopped and stripped it to get it working again. 

Some A guys really need to be more vigilant and hold lines, this zigging and zagging just because you can is so dangerous(Twits).

I had fun in spite of the drama and chatted to some cool okes ... howsit Johan.. Glad you said Hi 

Kudos for surviving out there Soldiers !

Thanks for the chat. Nice meeting you, sorry the conversation was not too coherent. Clinging on for dear life, my lights were busy going out after the railway bridge.

Nice day out in E batch, though I got dropped and worked with this oke in a yellow top on a silver scott. Finished in 3.27 though racetec have not given me my time. Same with my mate - we both wore our chips . Whats up with that?

B batch was awesome today, besides an AL rider wearing a green top and baggies, he was causing some issues aswell, luckily no crashes that I saw.

Jislaaik....

When the B Bunch caught us, this guy (Green Top & Baggies) rubbed elbows with me on the left and nearly threw me over. Came right into my line & pushed me.

I'm sure you guys were just behind & saw that.

Thought I was gone for sure, managed to keep it on the tar... :eek:

Well done W@nna-BE

Strong ride

Hey bud, I think I was one of those 5-6. I was on the BMC with blue top.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, we really did well.

Ahh yes bud, I remember you.

What an awesome ride..

We really worked hard

Ahh yes bud, I remember you.

What an awesome ride..

We really worked hard

Thanks, I really enjoy it when the guys work together. Do the best we can. That's what doing these races is all about to me. Complete strangers working/suffering for a common goal. Great stuff.

What top were you wearing? I remember that more than the type of bike

Big crash (just in front of me) in VB / 3km from finish. Close call almost went down with them. Think it was 3 guys.

Almost lost the bunch, but managed to catch up again

Lekker ride and finished in bunch with a 2h21.

Well done to all in VB group

Agreed, B batch was a good ride, i am bit surprised there were no crashes as the group stayed pretty much together the whole way through from what i could make out every now and then when i got a look back around corners... came to the front in the second half and did a few pulls coming into meyerton and through meyerton... left me with no legs to contest at the front of the sprint, finished 10th on the dot

Had plenty of crash reports after the race from all the guys in different groups. Rode tandems and luckily no crashes that I know of. Was a hard fast race. We ended up doing it in 2h23m ave of 40kph :eek:  (about 4min faster than last year). Great race all in all.

BUT how was the traffic getting out?????? flip I sat on the track for quit a while.

How does the fast one compare to Dischem Ride 4 Sight in A bunch? 1st time in a and finished in the 1st group but it was not an easy ride. According to my data both races has more or less same amount of climbing in.

Archived