Morningside Cycles/Yeti

JayR

Hi Guys

Firstly a huge apology to anyone that has unresolved issues with Morningside Cycles. We have gone ahead with some big changes that happened very quickly and are sorry for keeping everyone in the dark and causing confusion. And especially to the customer for is really bad experience regarding his Seat-Post and deposit that was paid.

Morningside Cycles is not closing down. We are in the process of relocating to a new store with new ideas. We are going back to doing our core brands and achieve much better experience over all. We felt we had lost our personal touch and needed to refocus again. This process is happening as we speak and our admin and customer service has gone out the window which is inexcusable.

If anyone has any outstanding issues with Morningside please don’t hesitate to contact us. We have all components, bikes etc. and will do our best to sort them out ASAP from our temporary location until we are up and running again.

Now that we have our new location, we will keep you up to date with where and when the new place will open. Part of our decision to do these changes is so that we can do justice to both our brands as well as service our customers in the way they deserve.

Once again, we sincerely apologize if we have inconvenienced any of our customers and look forward to resolving any issues. The initial issue of the post and outstanding moneys has been sorted and we hope the customer is satisfied with our solution.

Thanks

Jared

MSC

Jared – 083 305 8560

Colin – 082 338 9593

Hi Guys

Firstly a huge apology to anyone that has unresolved issues with Morningside Cycles. We have gone ahead with some big changes that happened very quickly and are sorry for keeping everyone in the dark and causing confusion. And especially to the customer for is really bad experience regarding his Seat-Post and deposit that was paid.

Morningside Cycles is not closing down. We are in the process of relocating to a new store with new ideas. We are going back to doing our core brands and achieve much better experience over all. We felt we had lost our personal touch and needed to refocus again. This process is happening as we speak and our admin and customer service has gone out the window which is inexcusable.

If anyone has any outstanding issues with Morningside please don’t hesitate to contact us. We have all components, bikes etc. and will do our best to sort them out ASAP from our temporary location until we are up and running again.

Now that we have our new location, we will keep you up to date with where and when the new place will open. Part of our decision to do these changes is so that we can do justice to both our brands as well as service our customers in the way they deserve.

Once again, we sincerely apologize if we have inconvenienced any of our customers and look forward to resolving any issues. The initial issue of the post and outstanding moneys has been sorted and we hope the customer is satisfied with our solution.

Thanks

Jared

MSC

Jared – 083 305 8560

Colin – 082 338 9593

Awesome response.

Now post a few pics of the new Yeti's coming into SA........

does this mean we can actually expect some kind of service?

i hate to say this but you guys were great in store but less than *** anywhere else, i still cant believe it took more than 5 months, and many many phone calls and visits to the store to try get a quote before i gave up and you still never delivered.

you have made promises to me several times and have yet to deliver even once!!!

if it were not for the fact i love my yeti( and you are the only agents in SA) you would never hear from me again. it is going to take more than empty promises to make right on your track record i am afraid!!

does this mean we can actually expect some kind of service?

i hate to say this but you guys were great in store but less than *** anywhere else, i still cant believe it took more than 5 months, and many many phone calls and visits to the store to try get a quote before i gave up and you still never delivered.

you have made promises to me several times and have yet to deliver even once!!!

if it were not for the fact i love my yeti( and you are the only agents in SA) you would never hear from me again. it is going to take more than empty promises to make right on your track record i am afraid!!

SB66 Addict, this is just the kind of thing that we are trying to address. We were trying to do too many things and not doing any one thing well. These changes are allowing us to put a lot more focus towards our core brands like Yeti and really up our game in regard to stock, service, spares, warranties etc. As well as expanding the brand to other parts of the country. 

Hopefully we can have another try and winning back your faith in the near future. 

When are the SB6C's arriving ...

The new SB6c's are arriving early March. These things are beautiful and we can't wait to get our hands on them. If you're in Durban chat to the guys at Chainworx, they will be able to help you out with the bikes. 

If you're in Cape Town chat to BikePlus or The Gear Change. 

The new SB6c's are arriving early March. These things are beautiful and we can't wait to get our hands on them. If you're in Durban chat to the guys at Chainworx, they will be able to help you out with the bikes. 

If you're in Cape Town chat to BikePlus or The Gear Change.

And Good2Go ?

Really hope that this new venture of your works out well!! Aspecially for the Yeti brand itself as this is what we in the tribe know and trust Yeti to be about. RIDE DRIVEN and SERVICE DRIVEN.

I've also had my fair share of troubles with the now old MCS and their service with regards to Yeti but I'm sure you guys will set things right and build on the future. Good luck!!

Jared are you guys by anychance bringing in the 27.5" Yeti 575's? Its time to upgrade the ASR5c..

Cheers

Now you just need to schedule the fistfights between your hubber friends and your customer.... :)

You do - of course know that this is a customer request, and you MUST - in the interests of customer service - do what you can to help him achieve this.....

The sherrif is anyway such a softie, I doubt he could do any damage.... but you may want to have a couple of indemnity releases done anyway.... your customer sounds like the big bad wolf.....

Really hope that this new venture of your works out well!! Aspecially for the Yeti brand itself as this is what we in the tribe know and trust Yeti to be about. RIDE DRIVEN and SERVICE DRIVEN.

I've also had my fair share of troubles with the now old MCS and their service with regards to Yeti but I'm sure you guys will set things right and build on the future. Good luck!!

Jared are you guys by anychance bringing in the 27.5" Yeti 575's? Its time to upgrade the ASR5c..

Cheers

Ditto on the question re the 27.5" 575's.  I also have an aging Ar5SL that needs replacing.

Sadly the MSC service woes caused a migration to another brand when i recently purchased a hard tail.

But hopefully it gets back on track and I can consider Yeti again for a nice light trail bike.....

But lets see, the proof is in the pudding!!

You do - of course know that this is a customer request, and you MUST - in the interests of customer service - do what you can to help him achieve this.....

The sherrif is anyway such a softie, I doubt he could do any damage.... but you may want to have a couple of indemnity releases done anyway.... your customer sounds like the big bad wolf.....

I am a lover not a fighter  :thumbup:

But I concur, this dude sounds like a mean mother . :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that you chaps are lucky that yeti has some core fans in this country- ones that can go through a bit for their brand. As stated, you are the only yeti reps in this country and owe it to yeti as a whole to represent their brand as we know it should be.

Archived