Advice on a RPM for a beginner

Americo

Hi Guys

I'd like to buy a "WAHOO RPM CADENCE SENSOR " it cost only 50 usd and from the review seems like working fine.

I use starva on my iphone 6 when I bike so I would connect the wahoo rpm cadence to get the RPM data,seeing that I don't have any speed sensor connected would I need to buy as well the "Wahoo Fitness SC Cycling Speed & Cadence" ? or it won't be needed it ? and using the gps to get the speed would be fine enough?

I'm just at the beginning and bike around 60 km at time,4 times at week

Thanks  

Cadence meter is a good tool but you want one that displays your cadence as you go.

When starting out one's cadence seems to be low - a higher cadence is more economical.

A cadence (on the flat) of about 90 revs/min is good.

I get a comfortable cadence and then change one gear up (larger).

Cadence meter is a good tool but you want one that displays your cadence as you go.

When starting out one's cadence seems to be low - a higher cadence is more economical.

A cadence (on the flat) of about 90 revs/min is good.

I get a comfortable cadence and then change one gear up (larger).

Having it connected to my strava on my iPhone I could see the cadence as I go right?

What do you suggest between the WAHOO RPM CADENCE SENSOR and the Wahoo Fitness SC Cycling Speed & Cadence ? I'm not an expert but do they do the same thing and the second one track the speed as well?

Yeah I agree. Rather get a Garmin than have your phone on your handlebars. You could crash or someone could steel it.

Hahaha then please suggest me what's the best way to have cadence,speed,heart rate and strava together. My options isn't bad right?

Personally I wouldnt use my phone, its a pain in the arse to carry and if you come off, chances are the phone will be stuffed.

As has been said already in this thread, get yourself a Garmin Edge 500 or 510 and upload the rides to Strava if thats what you want to do.

Edge 500 is probably the best bang for buck unit on the market that doesnt give hassles.

Its like the Toyota of GPS units.

Personally I wouldnt use my phone, its a pain in the arse to carry and if you come off, chances are the phone will be stuffed.

As has been said already in this thread, get yourself a Garmin Edge 500 or 510 and upload the rides to Strava if thats what you want to do.

Edge 500 is probably the best bang for buck unit on the market that doesnt give hassles.

Its like the Toyota of GPS units.

But then I would need to buy all the sensors as rpm,speed and heard rate right?