Cape Cycle Tour on Bmx

ChrisN

I'm busy prepping the BMX for Sunday!  I want to feel like I've earned my beers at the end.

I'll be on a red Mongoose with Nedbank shirt.  If you see me, stop me for a drink :clap:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope. Hang the bike up and they don't let anyone out unless the nr on the bike matches the number on your race card.

What happens if they take a rubbish bike in, take the number off of that and put it on to your spiffy new bike and then walk out with it?

What happens if they take a rubbish bike in, take the number off of that and put it on to your spiffy new bike and then walk out with it?

Jip...that happened a few times to me....

At Mosque. ..they'll take my new Eid shoes and leave me with old sloffies. ....????????????

You've never had to take one of those numbers off a bike before have you....

But then. Insurance

You've never had to take one of those numbers off a bike before have you....

But then. Insurance

:D Those bloody stickers! I put a bit of Lip Ice on the frame before sticking it on and then I still struggle to get it off.  :D

I'm busy prepping the BMX for Sunday!  I want to feel like I've earned my beers at the end.

I'll be on a red Mongoose with Nedbank shirt.  If you see me, stop me for a drink :clap:

Only saw this now.... I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

ok found the pic, maybe someone knows him.

One of my best Mates .... Doug Percival - Did a 3:52 last year when that pic was taken.

So the official time for the 47kms was 2:09:36, with an avg speed of 21.76km/h

This was just a lot of fun, and I was really surprised by the amount of support from the spectators going to the event ! Just loved it.

I received a lot of good chirps along the way. Most people laughing and shouting lekker bike, and some asking is it a TREK? I was really surprised by the downhill speed of this thing, as were one or two other riders. I topped out at around 68km/h while feathering the brake. and navigating between other cyclists. on the flats I could manage 30km/h before spinning out.

At the turn around some friends came out to see me, and had a quick beer. Thanks Schalk and Celeste. Also, thank you Andre at the start, Die tannie op die bult. the girl who diced the last few kms down hill, and everyone in between...

Edit: I was really surprised by the amount of punctures, and crashes on the route... 

post-47799-0-03393700-1425967215_thumb.jpg

post-47799-0-04142300-1425967244_thumb.jpg

post-47799-0-24678800-1425967267_thumb.jpg

post-47799-0-84731900-1425967269_thumb.jpg

post-47799-0-05632300-1425967295_thumb.jpg

post-47799-0-33175200-1425968208_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

So it time to start thinking about this again....  Will have to see if I can get an entry, and do the full distance on the BMX next year.

The major difference this year is that I am now staying in Cape Town. Would like to train a bit, and go pedal the route, or at least part of it one weekend.

I'm thinking Muizenberg to Green point on the Bmx
Any takers?

• 3 weeks later...

On saturday I received my email, confirming my entry for 2016  :clap: 

i did 2014 Full argus on my BMX. 3hr 52min.  44/16 ratio. full lycra and spd's, semi slick tyres and took the little ripper up to 65kph or so down Wynberg...she was singing.

here is my strava:    https://www.strava.com/activities/118950616

Argus Timers gave me 3.52  so i will take it :whistling:

go for it!

68.8km/h to be exact! Lol that is flying!

i did 2014 Full argus on my BMX. 3hr 52min.  44/16 ratio. full lycra and spd's, semi slick tyres and took the little ripper up to 65kph or so down Wynberg...she was singing.

here is my strava:    https://www.strava.com/activities/118950616

Argus Timers gave me 3.52  so i will take it :whistling:

go for it!

Archived