Need someone to inspect an MTB

Fats

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dirtypot... negatively rate the seller and state your reason for the rating.

This is the only way to weed out those that do not want to "play ball" and get the money in pocket, he had a sale, and now he has a bike that almost nobody will touch as they do not want to deal with him

Its tricky. I think that everyone has the right to sell to whom they want, for the price they want.

I dont agree with dibs. But If you were the first guy to show interest and we set up a meeting.

In my book you will have preference. If you can't decide whether you want it or not after viewing I have the right to move onto the next guy that contacted me. But thats just me

I can understand the frustrations here for dirtypot - but the end result is that a price is always an offer and therefore negotiable. Normally the price goes down, but on the odd occasion it can go up due to high demand. Happens in property too.

a low price will normally ensure a quicker sale. Changing the price up like this indicates uneducated seller, take what you want with that knowledge but the R6,5k offer is probably still a lowball too.

I recently bought something on gumtree that went for double the advertised price. but got in my car that afternoon and drove across the city to get it. was a hard to find item that i really wanted, so was happy to pay an increase. final price was still about a third of new so no major hassles.

I disagree, dirtypot had agreed a sale and arranged to inspect and buy if happy with what he saw... that was not a dibs, it was a verbal contract.

Between the verbal agreement of sale and proposed time of inspection, there had obviously been others who contacted and said they would offer more.

Seller has backed out of original agreement as he thinks he can get more, or as the current situation stands someone told him he could get more and he tried to dutch auction with dirtypot for a few more randellas!!

Seller says he has been offered more... so why has the bike not been sold and is still for sale??

I suspect the scenario highlighted and as have stated the seller should be negatively rated for backing out of a verbal agreement to sell

There was an agreement between Dirtypot and the seller to do the 4k deal at the Oak Valley 24hr.   If that had fallen through, then the next person who sent a mail should have had the option to do the deal, at 4k.     I would have messaged to take the bike, but with 3 messages ahead of mine, I didn't bother.  

Maybe there should be an Auctions section on the Hub... but there isn't... so IMHO the deal should have gone thru at 4k to Dirtypot.

Negative feedback added.

Not that it's going to make a difference to someone with no other current feedback and no Hub posts...

I can understand the frustrations here for dirtypot - but the end result is that a price is always an offer and therefore negotiable. Normally the price goes down, but on the odd occasion it can go up due to high demand. Happens in property too.

a low price will normally ensure a quicker sale. Changing the price up like this indicates uneducated seller, take what you want with that knowledge but the R6,5k offer is probably still a lowball too.

I recently bought something on gumtree that went for double the advertised price. but got in my car that afternoon and drove across the city to get it. was a hard to find item that i really wanted, so was happy to pay an increase. final price was still about a third of new so no major hassles.

So when there is one milk on the shelf SPAR can then charge R200 because of demand???

Dodgy.

Negative feedback added.

Not that it's going to make a difference to someone with no other current feedback and no Hub posts...

Yes it will, they will think twice about coming back onto the hub to sell and be unethical about it

I see the advert has been deleted.

Got an sms a few minutes after leaving the negative feedback (which I assume he got a notification email about?) saying that it had been sold.  Who knows...

Got an sms a few minutes after leaving the negative feedback (which I assume he got a notification email about?) saying that it had been sold.  Who knows...

yes he would have got a notification that feedback has been left... whether he has sold it or not, I guess you will be able to see on gumtree or olx in the next day or so... as he will not be selling it here if it is not sold.

Based on the fact that it was being advertised at R6.5k and no one wanted to touch it at that price... is highly unlikely that it is ... but maybe wrong, someone might still think it could be a bargain at that price....

post-45318-0-57380300-1423074312_thumb.jpgHi Guys...

I really need the advice from guys thats been in the game for a long time...

The following bike is for sale and i need to make the guy an offer on the bike.

Now, i don't know if its a Scalpel 2 or 3? I have to seen the bike physically, only on the pics that i just uploaded. Will be able to go and look at the bike on Saturday. 

I want to know about the components and if it would be a good buy or not?

Thank you

attachicon.gifmms_20150204_0835351.jpgHi Guys...

I really need the advice from guys thats been in the game for a long time...

The following bike is for sale and i need to make the guy an offer on the bike.

Now, i don't know if its a Scalpel 2 or 3? I have to seen the bike physically, only on the pics that i just uploaded. Will be able to go and look at the bike on Saturday. 

I want to know about the components and if it would be a good buy or not?

Thank you

if its an alu 2013 scalpel 3. Depends on condition. I won't pay more than 10.

But I'm cheap, and its not the sort of bike that appeals to me.

Lefty shock = high maintenance ( more frequent servicing) = more costly to maintain.

I would be skeptical about buying a second hand lefty...

No. If you offer a product for sale at RX and I unconditionally accept it at that price, there is a "meeting of the minds". Contract formed.

Which is why if I go to a shop and they screw up the pricetag amd I show up at the till with legal tender they have to sell it to me. At that price.

Archived