ISM Adamo saddle advice for Mountain Biking

MK Killer

Hi there,

Searched various threads and cant find an answer... so I turn to thehub...

Any users with experience of using Adamo saddles for mountain biking? I know there is a specific version called the Peak that can be used for mountain biking - BUT I have been given an Adamo Prologue saddle.

I currently use the Prologue on my road bike which I LOVE. only saddle that doesnt give me dead d!ck. So my question, rather more simply, is do you think I can slap the extra prologue on my MTB?

In my opnion which is worth not much if anything at all... It shouldn't be a problem... I ride with an Fizik Antares on both road (when I had a road bike) and now on the Mountain Bike, best saddle for my fit...

In my opnion which is worth not much if anything at all... It shouldn't be a problem... I ride with an Fizik Antares on both road (when I had a road bike) and now on the Mountain Bike, best saddle for my fit...

Thanks for the response. My view is also similar - in that I think the distinction between MTB and road saddles is minimal

It really depends on whether you are riding a 26 or 29'er, if you have a hardtail or dual susser. Other key issues are if the saddle matches the grips. Are you running tubeless? what gearing? 27 speed, 3 x 10, 1 x 10? This is a very complex issue. 

Alright seriously, if its comfortable go for it, the only concern may be a lack of durability in the materials, could get scuffed up a bit easier.

Thanks for the response. My view is also similar - in that I think the distinction between MTB and road saddles is minimal

I changed to an Adamo saddle on my road and tri bike early last year and also think they are the best saddle I can remember owning and also considering putting one on my MTB now.  

Personally I don't see it making much difference from a function point of view. The main difference with the adamo's I have are that they are shorter in the front so unless you use the nose of your saddle to "press" or "grip" with your legs then it should not make a difference.

It really depends on whether you are riding a 26 or 29'er, if you have a hardtail or dual susser. Other key issues are if the saddle matches the grips. Are you running tubeless? what gearing? 27 speed, 3 x 10, 1 x 10? This is a very complex issue. 

Alright seriously, if its comfortable go for it, the only concern may be a lack of durability in the materials, could get scuffed up a bit easier.

Excellent points - specifically re durability

Never thought of whether the Prologue can stand up to a beating

I changed to an Adamo saddle on my road and tri bike early last year and also think they are the best saddle I can remember owning and also considering putting one on my MTB now.  

Personally I don't see it making much difference from a function point of view. The main difference with the adamo's I have are that they are shorter in the front so unless you use the nose of your saddle to "press" or "grip" with your legs then it should not make a difference.

Havent looked carefully but im sure the "nose" of the prologue is long enough to grip onto?

Archived