Why so many Specializeds for sale?

Myth

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with a Specialized bike, I have upgraded last year to an Epic Comp Carbon and am very happy with the bike. One thing to take note of is that the Brain Shocks are expensive to service but factoring in how much enjoyment you get within the 50 hour service intervals it is not that bad. I am not punting one brand, I love my Specialized, but I might have also loved a Scott, all up to you to decide.

Service intervals are 150 hrs.

yup c'mon, spill the beans on service costs

Guys like to tell horror stories of brain service costs, I send mine in every year and have never paid more than R1100 for a service.

Flooding the market with anything is never a good thing,lots of company's have learnt this the hard way.

Name one please.

Mountain biking is an expensive sport. You pay for technology and high quality specs wether this is dished up by specialized, cannondale, scott or whatever other brand. Servicing is where the bike shop and component makers make their money . Thus if you dont want to spend much on servicing ride n hardtail with a simple fork that is serviceable by your local bike shop or ride a single speed rigid fork bike or only ride road bikes. Just remember that the enjoyment of mountainbiking lies in riding any good bike with good company in lovely surroundings. Because as you can see, even the nicest bike with the greatest specs becomes just a bike after a year. Buy the best bike of brand of your choice that you can afford and then stick with it and keep on enjoying it for years.

Thats my opinion. But i am riding a single speed.

The Spez "brain" is certainly just a shock absorber and when they "service"it. Certainly they just replace O rings and oil????

Why is it so expensive?

Are they not meant to be sent to the spaz office in stellenbosch for servicing the brain?

If so then you are paying for shipping and we'll payed servicing staff. .....and they are well paid because they well trained and good at what they do?

Toyota Corolla.

One of the best selling vehicles of all time in this country, along with Hilux. Bulletproof reliability, great resale, and consistently in the top 3 cars sold every month. Selling on average 2000 units a month. Maybe go think again Marius and then get back to me on that one. 

Now take those brands advertised and see what the average price would be for each brands bikes for sale ... that would make for interesting reading I am sure.

I think Giant is the cheapest out of all of those.