Cape Town Cycle Tour and the CSA Forbidden Races Rule

FrankB

the easiest solution is for the UCI to re-issue the date of implementation for this rule. they probably introduced thinking the Northern Hemisphere season only really get going in March so no problem. Meanwhile on a beach on the Cape Peninsula...

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am aware that there is an issue if you have a full racing license. We have however entered and paid prior to this bomb being dropped. The question is still: who will refund us the entry fee, now that we are no longer allowed to race without being penalised?

I'll gladly refund your entry fee if you promise to shove a stick up the next CSA representative you meet's arse and while doing it tell him that you are merely returning the favour. 

CSA, PPA and Cape Town Cycle Tour come to an agreement

By PedalPower on 23 February 2015 in News

It is with great pleasure that Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association and the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust announce that an agreement has been reached between the three organizations in respect of the 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour. The outcome of recent discussions between the parties is that the events of the Cape Town Lifecycle Week have been placed on the National Cycling Calendar of CSA.

This now clears the way for riders from across the board, both licensed and unlicensed, to participate without fear of sanction in the events of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Lifecycle Week. Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association and the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust are committed to pursuing discussions to ensure that the three organisations work together to ensure that cycling across the spectrum in South Africa benefits from a clear and unified approach.

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/news/csa-ppa-cape-town-cycle-tour-come-agreement/

Latest post from PPA FB Page:

It is with great pleasure that Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association and the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust announce that an agreement has been reached between the three organizations in respect of the 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour. The outcome of recent discussions between the parties is that the events of the Cape Town Lifecycle Week have been placed on the National Cycling Calendar of CSA.

This now clears the way for riders from across the board, both licensed and unlicensed, to participate without fear of sanction in the events of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Lifecycle Week. Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association and the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust are committed to pursuing discussions to ensure that the three organisations work together to ensure that cycling across the spectrum in South Africa benefits from a clear and unified approach.

https://www.facebook.com/pedalpowerassociation?fref=nf

I'll gladly refund your entry fee if you promise to shove a stick up the next CSA representative you meet's arse and while doing it tell him that you are merely returning the favour. 

LOL

As you know you have choices.

ride, don't ride. there may be a consequence, there may not be a consequence. I suspect this will be determined by how many riders need to be banned. If Bernard Hinault was in the ride I know what he would do...

at the end of the day what are consequences and unintended consequences.

what is the value of the one month ban besides the CHF50-100?

and then ask yourself do you like being a puppet and who is the puppet master. and is that puppet master worth supporting

that's irony for you..

I am sure you will be familiar will the below quote off the Pedal Power website especially the bold points. 

PPA is the only "event organiser" that I have come across where you need to be a member to get seeding. So join them or start at the back no matter how fast you may be. Then if you improve you can get reseeded at a cost.

Who's pulling the strings now?

Membership benefits include:

• PPA members pay discounted entry fees for events on the PPA calendar,
  • PPA members receive a seeded funride number to use at PPA events,
  • PPA members wearing seeded numbers start in front of non-members,
  • PPA pays Racetec to time PPA members who wear their transponders at PPA events so that all PPA members are guaranteed to receive a result (provided you wear your transponder),
  • PPA members receive a weekly email newsletter with event information,
  • PPA members can ride certain MTB trails at a discounted fee,
  • PPA members receive various discounts

unquote

sorry but its the same for CSA....

its called categories..

and then it discriminates according to age and gender..

in closing, when last did a CSa event have 2500 entrants?

Maybe I should have explained the irony?

What's ironic is that non members of the PPA can gladly participate in ANY of the PPA events! Many do!

What's ironic is that non members of the PPA can gladly participate in ANY of the PPA events! Many do!

And that the seeding (in MTB events) largely does away with the congestion you get in races when riders seed themselves according to how they think they ride. 

Maybe I should have explained the irony?

and for Comrades and Two Oceans you have to qualify to take part, even though it is not a national championship, but a fun-run. What exactly is your point? 

Ok. So as per Facebook this thread an be closed?

Not really. I am waiting to see what the deal is. Are CSA going to get their grubby paws on money they should not be getting? What collaboration will there be in future? What is expected from the parties in future? Will CSA get their fingers out of their buts and start earning the trust of the cycling community? 

It sounds more like a seize-fire than a peace treaty. 

Not really. I am waiting to see what the deal is. Are CSA going to get their grubby paws on money they should not be getting? What collaboration will there be in future? What is expected from the parties in future? Will CSA get their fingers out of their buts and start earning the trust of the cycling community? 

It sounds more like a seize-fire than a peace treaty. 

Sadly we'll never see those details. Some confidentially clause will be involved.

Archived