The SahmuraiSword: A new way to carry your tubeless repair kit

News bot

may be an issue for those running grips with lock-on end caps like the Eastons or Ragleys

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Bikerumor-Lock-On-Grip-Round-Up-019.jpg

But a cool idea for the majority of grips out there.

Still wouldn't pay R350 for it though

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too until I got Niner YAWD plugs...you put your favourite beer caps at the end...

Works a treat, very hipster and yes at the rate we consume lager...you have an endless supply

it's a pleasure.

R350 is quite cheep...i would say. Try pricing  the specialized SWAT indevidually....nothing under 500. But all worth it for the conveniency...Thank Specialized and Sahm

• 4 weeks later...

we now know everything about the product apart from where to buy it :(

Saw this on twitter just now:

Edited by David Truter

Saw this on twitter just now:

I just bought 4 from nev@epicbikeshop.co.za

And they were not R350 either..... somewhat less.... and that included shipping.

Must be - try complete cyclist in bryanston - ask for greg - friendly sales guy - very helpful

Yes guys we have stock at Epic Bike Shop, selling out fast but will re-order soon.

R295 a kit. It's very lightweight, convenient and keeps the actual plug strip clean and tacky.

Its a very good solution

Got some at complete Cyclist - Main Rd,  Bryanston  R350 , but collecting today so worth the extra $$.

The tool has always given me the sh^ts on where to store and is to far away when needed.

Neat solution ;-) 

I just bought 4 from nev@epicbikeshop.co.za

And they were not R350 either..... somewhat less.... and that included shipping.

I bought a pair and it doesn't seem to fit my Specialized Epic (2014 model).

Thought the same to

but if you twist end it resizes insert part ( four quarter round parts held together by O rings )

Edited by Milosh

I bought a pair and it doesn't seem to fit my Specialized Epic (2014 model).

Does the Epic have a carbon handlebar? Check if there isn't an aluminum insert at the end of the bar. That's issue I had with mine. Had to file the inserts down slightly to get it to fit.

Won a set of these at a race last week, keen to put them on but worried my grips will look ragged and untidy after they have been chopped.

Any issues with fitment besides having to file them (I ask as if I'm about to fit them myself...fear not.)

Also must just say the plastic ends feel very cheap and breakable...R350 is over-priced. Handled them at Complete Cyclist in Bedfordview previously and that was the reason I didnt buy them.

Edited by CleatsnCleavage