Cycling Caps

cadenceblur

Hi Guys

Looking around, I see more and more people wearing cycling caps. There was also an article in the Bicycling magazine about them.

I am interested to get people's opinions on them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really struggle to get good quality Caps and had to fork out quite a lot for a nice POC cap. 

would love to see more on LBS shelving . . . 

I dig them, just can't find one I like enough to buy. Whenever to see them in shops they look old and crap like they have been in a box for 12 years. Which they probably have

I see many cyclo cross racers use cycling caps.  Since CX is the flavour of the week, I am sure that we'll start to see a lot more cycling caps in SA.

I like them too and prefer them to a sweatband or buff to keep the sweat out of my eyes.

Easy to cover the " helmet hair" too

My helmet doesn't have a peak/visor attachment in the front, so the only reason I'm considering getting a cap is for rides in the rain during winter...to keep some of the rain out of my face

We've started making custom caps at Anatomic, proper, fully printed ones... there's quite a bit of fun to be had with them. Just got our first batch back from the factory - will try pop up a pic shortly. In terms of practicality, I've never felt the need for one, apart from to cover up some super shoddy post ride hairdo, but there are many that love them...

I like the retro look. :thumbup: Pretty good to hide helmet hair when getting your yellow jersey from a pretty girl, on the podium, in front of the TV crew and millions of spectators........just daydreaming! :blush:

Yes, I agree there. The fabric is generally quite thick though - cotton. Could get quite hot?

I roll with mine in winter

Helps with the chilly days

Hats or caps? That is hotly raged topic! 

All I know is when caps appear under helmets then it's classics season and the conditions are about to get biblical. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ISodJjFoS9c/UlsFb2Sk30I/AAAAAAAAANw/toTCblDphPA/s1600/strade-bianche4.jpg

Archived