Statement regarding alternative routes for 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

Hell no! 

I'll rather ride back and forth on the M3. 

Agree - or doing laps to the airport and back! :w00t:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blue route out and back and then climb up constantia nek and rhodes drive back to the m3?

blue route out and back and then climb up constantia nek and rhodes drive back to the m3?

Constantia nek is burning as i am typing this...

No Race = Big Party in Cape Town

I paid for my flights and accommodation so we coming to the Mother City

:eek:

On which side?  Right at the Nek?

Media release from City of Cape Town:

Firefighters from various agencies continue to actively manage a fire in the South Peninsula, three days after it started in Muizenberg above Boyes Drive.

Currently, the firefighting efforts are focused on the following hotspots: Lower Constantia Nek and the upper Tokai area, Clovelly, Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay, Hout Bay and Noordhoek.

A total of six helicopters are water-bombing hotspots, including two paid for by the City of Cape Town, two from Table Mountain National Park and two Oryx helicopters from the South African National Defence Force (SANDF). Working on Fire sourced an additional 150 staff members who have been deployed with other ground crews.

Source:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cooler-weather-expected-as-Cape-fire-enters-fourth-day-20150304

I think at this moment it is safe to say that even OKW will be out because of the fire moving along Constantia towards Kirstenbosch and Table Mountain.

I think at this moment it is safe to say that even OKW will be out because of the fire moving along Constantia towards Kirstenbosch and Table Mountain.

Agree - what about the Cape Epic?

It's going to be difficult to make a call on the route today with the fire still burning the way that it is.  Also, wind is predicted to swing to SE which will be terrible news if it does jump Constantia Nek.

The Epic doesn't go around the peninsula...

Was referring to the prologue on Table Mountain - if the fire / smoke gets there.

I'm not riding in the northern suburbs.

Or up the west coast for that matter! :)

going to be a real tough call for the race organizers......

Does the T&C's mentioned anything about a natural disaster?

If so does the fire(be it, a possible cigarette tosser) not constitute this?