The Jock 2015

Bianchisti

Sure? Does the front of A use 50 34? Just saw some of the downhill speed. I can push 63kmph at 120 cadence but that's it.

I reckon you should be fine...rather be comfortable on the climbs and suck wheel down the hill...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure? Does the front of A use 50 34? Just saw some of the downhill speed. I can push 63kmph at 120 cadence but that's it.

The only long down hill is towards the end of Stage 2, but the group would more than likely have split up by then. You should be fine. AAAANNND in any case, with your bike you could just freewheel slipstream :)

Confirmed its Racetec

PLEASE NOTE THAT BOTH THE JOCK TOUR AND CLASSIQUE ARE TIMED BY RACETEC, SO RIDERS HAVE TO BRING THEIR RACETEC CHIPS ALONG.

Riders in the Jock Tour will receive two material back numbers which they need to affix to both their back pockets for the duration of the tour

Just saw this email. My chip is 1000's of kms away.

Just saw this email. My chip is 1000's of kms away.

Am sure Racetec will be there to sell you a new one. If not,just send them your GPX files after.

Who is doing the Tour and which Start:

Edgar: 30+

Who is doing the Classique and Start:

Mike Bike AL

Patch VA

Jay_B BL

the_mtb CL

EZRider and his missus CL

See you lads bright and early tomorrow morning.

The biggest thing I miss from SA is this race!!! Enjoy everyone taking part and keep it upright.....

How is the weather at Nellies?

Its flippen cold in Secunda and I am taking my winter gear with including balaclava.

YR shows nice and toasty temps (remember sunscreen)

Wind looks good as well, off the left for the first stage but clears up towards mid day.  Maybe bit of a tail wind heading back to Nelspruit

Anyone traveling through later today from JHB, take it easy and allow extra time. Roads are very busy... Word of advice stay left on the N4 split at machadadorp

Anyone know how the tog bag service will work tomorrow at the start? Where do we drop off our bags and what time?

Tough first day in the headwinds. But did I mention it's my first time in this part of the country. Absolutely blown away. See you next year Nelspruit.

To those driving, please stay safe and have a great ride tomorrow.

post-25309-0-30040600-1437149636_thumb.jpg

Archived