2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we in for on the 55km mtb. I'm in A1 so that sorts out the bottleneck issue, but race and route wise, how is it?? The profile looks like a lot of fun.. ????????

post-47195-0-25454100-1446605413_thumb.jpg

First time doing the 55km and the MTB event...Mostly done 30km races during the year and decided that I will take the step to the big boys playing field. This was a mistake for me because of seeding and starting way at the back 8:30. Should've rather stayed with 30km better seeding and do 50km + races next year for a better seeding.

Same group with you A7. Watch out for the end, the last 20kms broke a lot of people who started hard, those short sharp inclines in Steyn City in the heat made it worse.

What we in for on the 55km mtb. I'm in A1 so that sorts out the bottleneck issue, but race and route wise, how is it?? The profile looks like a lot of fun..

You in for fun race . At least even the single track through Northern farm offered overtaking options. Last year some A2 riders posted faster times than A1 riders, even the overall winner. There were short cutters of course doing the route in under an hour .

What is the Total Ascent of the 'New Route'?

Last year I got 895 m. This year they report 850 m

post-39938-1446628617,3862.jpg

Edit : spelling

Agreed. Around 1500 for road and 850 for MTB.

Got a little less, about 1450 and 750....but both routs have enough climb to make it a good hard race.

For those of you who have ridden suikerbos rand , in your opinion which is a harder ride, Suikerbos or 947 ?

For those of you who have ridden suikerbos rand , in your opinion which is a harder ride, Suikerbos or 947 ?

SBR

SUIKERBOS is short but tough, if you try and do a decent time on the 94.7 it is tougher than suikerbos in my opinion.

Archived