2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Not sure if this has been posted - but why did some people get their names on their numbers while others had #CC2015?

It's for people that have done more than 4 (or 5?) 94.7's.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been posted - but why did some people get their names on their numbers while others had #CC2015?

Early bird entries got their names as part of the first numbers printing run. Normal entries got #CC2015

It's for people that have done more than 4 (or 5?) 94.7's.

I don't think so...this was my 13th race and I didn't have my name on it...

If you re seeded, you were given a generic number with no name . Otherwise all should have had names

Entries before 1 june had your name printed on as these were "Pre-Entrie" like TH says. After that everyone got Hashtag

Early bird entries got their names as part of the first numbers printing run. Normal entries got #CC2015

After v12 warmly greeted everyone we passed from FF by name, I am sure that they all regret having their name on.

It is really funny at the start seeing every Hennie, Shelly or Sandra trying to figure out where they knew him from. By the time we got to town the joke had worn thin for most of them as I am sure he was not the only one....that of course was even funnier.

Hey........the 94.7 made it to Pez!!!

:thumbup:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/momentum947-15-cheerleaders-1200-_edited-1.jpg

I remember them. Almost rode right into my friend when i locked eyes with that middle girl.  Didn't make a good impression as I had oil all over my face from battling with my front deraileur all day.

I remember them. Almost rode right into my friend when i locked eyes with that middle girl.  Didn't make a good impression as I had oil all over my face from battling with my front deraileur all day.

You've got skills if you were able to lock eyes with her.... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Look I am going to be honest here, I stared at her boobs...

For my only roadie event of the year, had a fairly good CycleChallenge, my 4th since getting a bike in 2012...

So far it's been I, D, C, VB... VB i though... sheesh that's probably going to hurt... a lot... (i'm not licensed)

Hung with the group up Pooks hill, unfortunately a gap appeared a few riders up going along Summit and we lost touch with the front of the group. A few of us worked well together past Kyalami and along the M1 but we just weren't able to get back.

Coming off the hiway, the first of the VC'ers came past... man were they motoring!

As soon as the rest of VC caught up, was able to hang with them most the way until Malibongwe. Again there was a few of us that stayed together from there until the finish.

Wasn't sure how I felt having my name on my back but in the end realised it was a good thing. Going up the last few climbs and having someone from our little trio calling "come on Derrick, you can do it, we're nearly there" was quite motivating! Thanks!

Ended with a 2h37, 9mins quicker than last year, so i'm pretty chuffed with that.

Maybe next year 2h30...

Will have to see...

And just like that, you break Hayley's heart

some of us are under age on this forum ☺

some of us are under age on this forum ☺

Looking at the pic... I'm sure the rear view (accident causing) on a bike would be just as nice

G

I remember them. Almost rode right into my friend when i locked eyes with that middle girl. Didn't make a good impression as I had oil all over my face from battling with my front deraileur all day.

Archived