Stellenbosch Cycle Tour - Die Burger

khm4252

I was wondering is the Stellenbosch cycle tour worth doing? Was thinking of coming down for it. Anyone know what the dates are for this year?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually first week in December. Last seeding opportunity for CTCT. Tough course with lots of rollers. A must do event.

Very nice.

Probably last Sunday in November... 2 weeks after 94.7.

Remember seeing something along that lines in the Argus book.

Nothing like the 'Shova, but still a great race.

Come down, you need to do it at least once.

I did it for the first time last year.  Really enjoyed it and hit my best average speed for the year.  After the 1 Tonner the month before, it seemed like a walk in the park!  But beware the wind and the heat!

And it's not called Hell's Hoogte for nothing...You sommer end up having that one for breakfast right bang out the blocks.

Lekker race Stellenbosch Tour, it is tougher than it looks if the wind picks up across the fields. Cross Winds get crazy, 2014 was pretty much perfect conditions though.

I was wondering is the Stellenbosch cycle tour worth doing? Was thinking of coming down for it. Anyone know what the dates are for this year?

Usually the last Sunday in November or the first Sunday in December, for 2016 it is more than likely to be on the 29th November.

Its probably something worth doing more-so that the CTCT was reduced to 47km...this especially if seeding is something that is important to you for next years CTCT

• 3 months later...

Where & when can you enter this race?

Much, much later in the year. Entries for the DC still have to open

Helshoogte isn't that bad.  I got to the top in just over fourteen minutes from the start.

I prefer the Old Helshoogte though - more scenic and less boring. 

Helshoogte isn't that bad.  I got to the top in just over fourteen minutes from the start.

have to agree. 

My first race ever was dieburger, over old helshoogte

You won't get too many disagreeing. :thumbup:

Archived