[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #1 Helder Berg

WesselvdWalt

Hi Everyone,

We have been the victims of foul play.

Our marker boards have mostly been moved removed or replaced in other areas.

This is a deliberate sabotage of our event.

They were in place still late last night, early this morning on the route check before start it because apparent that boards were removed, moved or discarded.

We have taken every possible action to make this event a success, and the participants and sponsors and organisers were denied that by a group of individuals.

We will issue a formal response shortly.

Wessel

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm,..interesting, never heard of that happening here in the Promise Land, I mean we don't even know crime in the mother city

post-17321-0-67501600-1431160146_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrandonF

I did the 40km. Coming into the finish i though i might get podium! [emoji12] 1:26 for a 40km! Looked down and saw we only did 28km.

I didn't understand the last statement, was the route double checked this morning before the 70km race started? If discovered that it was rerouted by sabotages what was done to rectify the problem?

Hi Everyone,

We have been the victims of foul play.

Our marker boards have mostly been moved removed or replaced in other areas.

This is a deliberate sabotage of our event.

They were in place still late last night, early this morning on the route check before start it because apparent that boards were removed, moved or discarded.

We have taken every possible action to make this event a success, and the participants and sponsors and organisers were denied that by a group of individuals.

We will issue a formal response shortly.

Wessel

Hey WesselvdWalt, ek sien op FB julle dink dis net die 70km wat verkeerd gery het maar dit was ons in die 40km ook...opgeindig met so 27-28km..laat weet as jy die gpx file soek.

I didn't understand the last statement, was the route double checked this morning before the 70km race started? If discovered that it was rerouted by sabotages what was done to rectify the problem?

Statement as per their FB page:

"We are aware of the unfortunate situation on the 70km route today where many riders went wrong, it is still unclear exactly what happened but it is clear numerous route markers were removed after our route check early this morning. All 70km riders will receive a mail giving them a complimentary entry for the next Nissan TrailSeeker Western Cape event event. We are investigating this as a serious matter and once we have more information regarding the exact cause we'll communicate that. The prize giving for the 40km and 20km will proceed as scheduled."

Hey WesselvdWalt, ek sien op FB julle dink dis net die 70km wat verkeerd gery het maar dit was ons in die 40km ook...opgeindig met so 27-28km..laat weet as jy die gpx file soek.

Jip, myne het 28km gelees.

Official Statement:

We are aware of the unfortunate situation on the 70km route today where many riders went wrong, it is still unclear exactly what happened but it is clear numerous route markers were removed after our route check early this morning. All 70km riders will receive a mail giving them a complimentary entry for the next Nissan TrailSeeker Western Cape event event. We are investigating this as a serious matter and once we have more information regarding the exact cause we'll communicate that. The prize giving for the 40km and 20km will proceed as scheduled.

Hey WesselvdWalt, ek sien op FB julle dink dis net die 70km wat verkeerd gery het maar dit was ons in die 40km ook...opgeindig met so 27-28km..laat weet as jy die gpx file soek.

Yes, my 40km was also only 28km

Wessel

Wessel, sorry for the messy situation! One contradiction - above you say you became aware of the problems when you did the route check, but on FB you say it only happened after the route check - would be worth clarifying which of these is correct

I was so close to riding this but luckily did last minute change to be able to be in town.

It is a mission to follow a route and remove markers - who the hell would have a beef with a specific race/mtb in general to go to all the effort, and to what end? Pissed off landowner? Cranky roadie? Strange...

Please email or send me the GPS file please. Thank you!

het gestuur na: info@advendurance.com

ignoreer my heart rate stats  :blush: 

I was so close to riding this but luckily did last minute change to be able to be in town.

It is a mission to follow a route and remove markers - who the hell would have a beef with a specific race/mtb in general to go to all the effort, and to what end? Pissed off landowner? Cranky roadie? Strange...

PPA ????????