First look: SwiftCarbon Evil Twin

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R37k for frame + R21k for RS-1 fork + R2k for seatpost = R60k

Right on target for S-Works pricing. As much as I like this bike, that's gonna be a hard sell.

R37k for frame + R21k for RS-1 fork + R2k for seatpost = R60k

Right on target for S-Works pricing. As much as I like this bike, that's gonna be a hard sell.

S works frame comes with a SID with brain. But ja, this Swift is still quite expensive and finds itself priced against some big players. 

The Canyon frameset is 1999 Euros, so landed here we are probably looking at about R32K. The Canyon has proven itself.  For a new frame R37K is a bit much.

From what country does the Swift brand originate from?

China, started by South African Mark blewitt

The Canyon frameset is 1999 Euros, so landed here we are probably looking at about R32K. The Canyon has proven itself.  For a new frame R37K is a bit much.

A Canyon is my next bike for sure. Hard to beat their pricing and looks.

China, started by South African Mark blewitt

Saffa design.  Probably made in China.

China

and lets all sing together ..." all frames are from China...lala la"

Thanks for the replies.  I knew that the frames would be from the far east. Now I know that the brand originates from SA.  

I also think that the frame is very expensive for a brand that is not that established yet.  However the two bottle cage compatibility in the front triangle does give it an edge over many other marathon frame options.

I think a demo tour all over SA will be very good for the brand.

An s-works epic doesn't have any unique features either and please don't go down that brain route because it's just a damping circuit with a spring loaded tap.

The swift fits two bottle cages.

All these top level bikes are over priced. I'd rather spend the cash on an anthem, occam, or lux cf for a lot less.

Stop talking sense around here and follow the sheep with deep wallets...

I wouldnt say the brand originated in South Africa, the guy who started the company is south african but only got the idea to start a bike company while living China when he realised all the best carbon bikes were being made on the city he lived.

it will appeal to roadies for sure. 

Good looking bikes. I would however like if you guys could give us pricing on these bikes you feature.

Noted

Thanks for the replies.  I knew that the frames would be from the far east. Now I know that the brand originates from SA.  

I also think that the frame is very expensive for a brand that is not that established yet.  However the two bottle cage compatibility in the front triangle does give it an edge over many other marathon frame options.

I think a demo tour all over SA will be very good for the brand.

Pity that (for now) I have to post an outside link. We will get there... hopefully literally!

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/swift-carbon-inside-a-high-end-chinese-bike-factory-33576/

3600 dollars for this frame. Lets say thats about R40 000. S works frame is about R60k, but, the s works frame includes the front shock and carbon seatpost. 

Go lefty is going to hate me. But the Epic frame is a proven design, like it or not. 

Move away from Specialized and into other brands or better value, and I think these Swift guys might struggle to sell big numbers.

I think it looks very nice, also love the colours.

Wasn't so sure about the look when I first saw pics, but an up-close and personal brush with it at the Africa Cycle Fair convinced me otherwise. 

Color floats my goat.

I like the ideas in this design.Well thought out. Where can one find a demo to test? Canyon lux cf looming large in my headlights

Lots of clever and well-thought-out touches on the bike. It is clear to see that this is not a copy of something else or that any corners were cut in the design of the frame. I can appreciate that.

Will ask around about the possibility to test one.

Noted

Pity that (for now) I have to post an outside link. We will get there... hopefully literally!

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/swift-carbon-inside-a-high-end-chinese-bike-factory-33576/

Wasn't so sure about the look when I first saw pics, but an up-close and personal brush with it at the Africa Cycle Fair convinced me otherwise. 

Color floats my goat.

Absolutely love the colour.