If Five Tens are the best flat pedal shoe, then what's 2nd best?

DemitriN

6 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Popped in at LBS this morning, i saw the Leatt DB Shoes, version 1 and 2, man o man, those 2's have stiff soles. I cant believe how stiff they are compared to my current five tens. Then again, did my five tens arrive brand new, as stiff, i dont think so. So far the leatt is now ticking my boxes, just need to find my size. Very impressed with build quality, look and feel. Wonder if the version 3's are the same, just as stiff.   

The 3 is stiffer than the 2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Also tried out the large stamp 2's a while back, they felt 'flat' if this makes sense, no concave, guess i was spoilt with concaves, i just feel more comfy and in control on concaves. Think the Oneup is also flat-ish, not sure, never tried them.

I suppose it depends on how you set the pins up as well, I made the pins on the outside of the pedal stick out 2mm more than the inner puns on the stamps

The OneUp actually have a convex shape, but they feel good and grip well, so I just ride them...

2 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

The 3 is stiffer than the 2

Thanx Chad, well then i guess i must look at the 3's then, stiff is always good 🤗

3 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I suppose it depends on how you set the pins up as well, I made the pins on the outside of the pedal stick out 2mm more than the inner puns on the stamps

The OneUp actually have a convex shape, but they feel good and grip well, so I just ride them...

Hi Chad, i tried that as well, in fact, i replaced my dmr v12 pins with smoother edged ones, not so aggressive, cant recall if i did set it like you said, but to be honest, most of the pins are really overkill, way to much grip / effort just to shift your feet slightly. This is why i am looking at stiffer soles. You feel it much less.  

2 hours ago, Spafsack said:

Hi Pieter, its taking a big chance importing, they all different sizes. I ordered / imported my second pair of five tens from the UK, like 2 years ago, same size as my old ones, so i knew they would fit.

Yea I did some research before ordering my 1st pair of 510’s and they fit perfectly. I want to give the Leatt shoes a go but not sure how they compare size wise to the 510. 

On 2/21/2022 at 7:06 PM, Jewbacca said:

Hi J, a few questions, the enjoy reptilia, it actually looks nice, value for money. How is the fabric, smooth, lightweight, or more hard core. Reason why, i fitted on a pair of spez atlas pro shorts, they one size to small, but man o man, they are silky, lightweight, stretchy, but they dont make these anymore.  

33 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Hi J, a few questions, the enjoy reptilia, it actually looks nice, value for money. How is the fabric, smooth, lightweight, or more hard core. Reason why, i fitted on a pair of spez atlas pro shorts, they one size to small, but man o man, they are silky, lightweight, stretchy, but they dont make these anymore.  

Yo Spaf

The fabric is really nice. 4 way stretch and comfy. The waist has 2 velcro tabs in an internal 'belt' elastic so they will fit really well even if you miss your morning poop.

They are fairly hard wearing too. My one pair was a freebie from the 2019 TheU and have seen LOTS of KM, falls, rain/scorching sun etc and still look, fit and feel hundreds.

I don't think you can go wrong