2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

Yip last year was one big batch start, it sucked as people were pushing bikes for the 1st 2 km's.

I hear this year there will be seeding, hopefully based on sas index.

Did the 45km last year in 2:37, 1 tough climb and the rest lekker rough downhill.

The massage benches at the end were awesome!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. Can't it be linked up to other venues in the area?

Dit a loop ride from home to wolwespruit for a few laps and then to groenkloof for a nice 75-80km loop. Can also alternate between wolwespruit and redbarn if you want.

Dit a loop ride from home to wolwespruit for a few laps and then to groenkloof for a nice 75-80km loop. Can also alternate between wolwespruit and redbarn if you want.

Do a lap of Rosemary hill , head out to the right,do that long gradual climb heading towards Bronkhorstspruit , at the T head towards  Pretoria , turning left at the chicken farm , heading up and down those two hills at the vineyards , taking the little single track back to the start of the vineyards and doing that climb up to tier rd ( leribisi lodge ), back down and head back to rosemary hill, do a lap. 

That should give your legs  some nice loose rock climbing experience, 

Any opinions on how the Monster compares with the National Series marathons ito difficulty?

No. Edit. It's hard. Really. But it's fun.

Sigh.. it's a race against time to get ready for the monster.. we have been doing 2 longer rides on weekend 70-80km of which 1 is on the mtb, that route is very bumpy, has sand and plenty corrugation some long drags aswell, then a long road bike ride that's high in intensity, why on the road bike, you ask, cause I bought a lekker 2e hand one and want to ride it. But we make it very hard. Then well during the week as much as we can.. We've opted to do hill (read slimes dam) training atm, the one averages about 8% with some nasty kicks, it's not long but we do as many repeats as we can and it's sandy and rocky at places. . So coming down I must focus. We always have some sort of wind here. And we also have a 50km route we do that rocks and tough terrain. Now all I can hope is that it will be enough to at least survive the monster. Hubby is strong atm as all his hill training nd shorter rides etc he is doing on the single speed.

Sigh.. it's a race against time to get ready for the monster.. we have been doing 2 longer rides on weekend 70-80km of which 1 is on the mtb, that route is very bumpy, has sand and plenty corrugation some long drags aswell, then a long road bike ride that's high in intensity, why on the road bike, you ask, cause I bought a lekker 2e hand one and want to ride it. But we make it very hard. Then well during the week as much as we can.. We've opted to do hill (read slimes dam) training atm, the one averages about 8% with some nasty kicks, it's not long but we do as many repeats as we can and it's sandy and rocky at places. . So coming down I must focus. We always have some sort of wind here. And we also have a 50km route we do that rocks and tough terrain. Now all I can hope is that it will be enough to at least survive the monster. Hubby is strong atm as all his hill training nd shorter rides etc he is doing on the single speed.

Nice man/woman! Keep it up!

Nice man/woman! Keep it up!

Wish I could do longer rides over the weekends , but I have got 2 kids that need some parenting too[emoji13] [emoji6]

Ha ha ha ha.. if only but with a 13yr old and 11 yr old that's going to be difficult. And before you say take them with, we have been on shorter more relaxed rides, but my youngest came off his road bike badly on Monday and he spent 2 days in hospital, and his brother says he isn't going anywhere with out his brother and someone must stay with him to get him stuff while he is basically bed/couch bound [emoji23] ..

Ha ha ha ha.. if only but with a 13yr old and 11 yr old that's going to be difficult. And before you say take them with, we have been on shorter more relaxed rides, but my youngest came off his road bike badly on Monday and he spent 2 days in hospital, and his brother says he isn't going anywhere with out his brother and someone must stay with him to get him stuff while he is basically bed/couch bound [emoji23] ..

It would be like riding with two sand bags, one up front one at the back!

Monster will be p*** easy!! :thumbup:

It would be like riding with two sand bags, one up front one at the back!

Monster will be p*** easy!! :thumbup:

2 bloody big sandbags 

Any opinions on how the Monster compares with the National Series marathons ito difficulty? 

Rooiberg and Van Gaalens compare well to this race from a technical and difficulty perspective.

We survived Clarens; although I think this will be a bit tougher ????

Anybody know if they're changing the marathon route for 2015? I recall from past years that the web profile showed 78km and 1800m ascent. The web profile (currently) shows 71km and 1498m ascent. Or is this pretty much what it previously was?

Archived