2 Oceans Marathon & 21. Please respect the runners

Guest Frail4Life

Hello Guys and Gals

The 2 Oceans Marathon and 21km is over the easter weekend.

I know cyclists like to use these public holidays to do some miles,

Please respect those runners taking to the streets trying there best for there own personal goals. The cyclists have had their oppurtunity to own the road

Please take care to avoid the 2 Oceans route.

Rather be a spectator and support your local running club.

Seconding is not permittable from any moving vehicle/ bicycle, seconder must be on foot, may lead to a DQ runner.

Old Mutual ask a selected group of cyclists to assist there task in monitoring the runners, it can not be done by a car (no space & exchaust fumes) as it affects the runners.

For religious reasons some runners will be doing there Run on Friday.

Please bear this in mind when you are heading out for your ride.

Lets support our fellow sportsmen and women.

Bump

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Guys and Gals
The Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon and 21km is over the easter weekend.

I know cyclists like to use these public holidays to do some miles,
Please respect those runners taking to the streets trying there best for there own personal goals. The cyclists have had their oppurtunity to own the road

Please take care to avoid the 2 Oceans route.
Rather be a spectator and support your local running club.

Seconding is not permitable from any moving vehicle/ bicycle, seconder must be on foot, may lead to a DQ runner.
Old Mutual ask a selected group of cyclists to assist there task in monitoring the runners, it can not be done by a car (no space & exchaust fumes) as it affects the runners.

For religious reasons some runners will be doing there Run on Friday.
Please bear this in mind when you are heading out for your ride.
Lets support our fellow sportsmen and women.

I will be Supporting our Runners again

post-91605-0-88051600-1522333867_thumb.jpg

Lekker to all that ran. I enjoyed supporting at Lakeside.

Frail almost didn't recognise you without your beard. Good on you for sweeping

Hello Deanbean

Will you coming down?

Hello Deanbean

Will you coming down?

No Frail, not this year. I've had to go to CT too many times this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I saw at the recent Bay-to-bay race a large number of cyclist weaving next to the runners, For myself I tried to ensure I stayed ahead of them not to get involved in a crash.

Thanks for the attempt with this thread.

I was running yesterday and have to congratulate the superheroes that was told by a marshal this is a no-go zone for them, said something back I could not hear and merrily continued to ride up Chappies from Hout Bay against the runners coming down.

And we wonder why we all as cyclists have a "reputation". 

Thanks for the attempt with this thread.

I was running yesterday and have to congratulate the superheroes that was told by a marshal this is a no-go zone for them, said something back I could not hear and merrily continued to ride up Chappies from Hout Bay against the runners coming down.

And we wonder why we all as cyclists have a "reputation".

That rider can only be described as a knob.

There are 52 weekends in a year, and he chooses to sow dissention by exercising his "God-given right" to ride as and where he chooses.

Why couldn't he have just ridden later?

I absolutely hate it when someone is wrong and still tries to defend themselves. Learn humility. Take your cap off and just quietly walk away.

There were quite a few. Saw a dude on an orange stigmata weaving through the runners a few times obviously supporting someone running and landed up riding quite a lot of the route but I must commend him for not being as intrusive as he could have been.

There were a few heroes out there though getting in the way and making the runners uncomfortable or having to move.

Great day on the roads for me until 44km when I exploded in a shower of cramp and pain close to the top of the Nek.

The hobble home was both humbling and rewarding.

Feet up today!

Archived