2 Oceans Marathon & 21. Please respect the runners

Guest Frail4Life

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48 hours left!

you bored? Sitting at the airport and you are causing certain things to contract in a way that might cause damage to a seat! You running?

Okay, seems I'm the only noob here, but only started running last winter and doing my first half.

Crocked my ankle (bottom tendon on Posterial tibial) on a run a while ago and only went on a gentle evaluation run this morning. It'll last (I think!) and I will see how it feels on the day. Doubt (given this) that I'll hit my target time, but... it'll be a new experience and I am AMPED! After this morning's run, the excitement is really starting to build.

Good luck for the rest of you also doing it - have a blast! And esp you lang-asems... give it horns! Respect...

My first time might see you there. Have fun

I think I'm in for a big surprise if I look at last year's times. Why is the times so slow?

Lekker to all that ran. I enjoyed supporting at Lakeside.

Frail almost didn't recognise you without your beard. Good on you for sweeping

Wife did her first half this morning and her first 20+ km run. Did a decent 2:28 min ruN.

Took the boys with me this morning as spectator's. ....was good fun

Had a excellent run today considering that i only ran a single training run of 15km last week to check if I can make the distance.

Did a 2:32 but a bit disappointed as the start line was a bit crazy and doing it for the first time I felt lost, when i eventually ended up getting to the start line the gun had gone off for group E, furthermore I had to virtually walk all the way until wynberg hill where the group started to spilt.

Feck, went for a ride on the mountain yesterday. was heading down the back of PP and this guy bolts out of the bush going like the clappers on the DH. I was seriously getting out stripped so I put the hammer down passed him and then around the corner found a bunch of other trail runner looking confused  at what I was doing there so broke carefully, said good morning in my best voice and  and carried on past. Only when I hit the flats after the berms near the MP buildings did I notice the 'Two Oceans Trail Run' markers. 

So sorry runners, didn't mean to crash your day. Has to be said though there were no marshals and very little signage. If i'd know I would have stayed well away. 

Pedalled home a bit sheepishly. 

Blerrie aussies.. Can't take them anywhere.......P.S.....my phone autocorrects aussies to sissies......coincidence? :D

Yes, yes, yes, but did you respect them???

errr... I'm not sure. I was torn between seeing them as yog'rs or fellow mountain lovers. 

Had to respect the dude on foot who was causing me trouble to chase down (but only  added respect after I'd passed him!). ;) 

Blerrie aussies.. Can't take them anywhere.......P.S.....my phone autocorrects aussies to sissies......coincidence? :D

Had something witty to write in reply then thought this was gold so canned it! :) 

Had something witty to write in reply then thought this was gold so canned it! :)

Lol....did you try it?

Archived