Standard Bank Ironman 2016 (10 April)

Garfield2010

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys good luck for the weekend...  If I can just add my favourite piece of advice my coach told me last year (for when you get to about 30km into the run):

-> If you run fast it hurts, if you go slow it hurts, so just F*8king go fast and it will be over quicker!

Otherwise, remember to just enjoy the moment, smile when spectators call out your name, and think about how lucky you are to be where you are...  you will be on the red carpet before you know it.

See you out here.

Good luck fellas.

This week kills me. Just got back from a nice easy bike to keep the legs limber which I kept adding to just to 'test'. Tomorrow a short jog and a bucket load of stretching/yoga to keep everything from going to sleep.

It is so hard not to just be lazy!

Looking forward to getting it over and done with so I can start throwing my mountain bike down some silly trails without fear of injury and washing months of training down the drain.

See you all out there, good luck and race safe.

see you all on the flipside on sunday.above all remember how privileged we are to have the ability to be there whether its for 9 hours or 16:45.travel safe.

Good Luck Guys and Girls. My nerves is shot and i'm not even competing this year :clap:

Just go out there and give it a blast....

See you back next week sporting your IM Brands in the gym.....

Good luck to everyone.  I am drinking 20 vitamin pills per day fearing illness.  Both children have the flu so I feel like a prisoner in my own house.

My advice.....  make sure everything on your your bike is fastened tightly.  Make sure your nutrition is tightened.  The road is very rough and you will see many bombs and bottles along the way.  Make sure its not yours.....

Weather looks good even though the easterly is blowing (as it stands now)........

Good luck to everyone. I am drinking 20 vitamin pills per day fearing illness. Both children have the flu so I feel like a prisoner in my own house.

My advice..... make sure everything on your your bike is fastened tightly. Make sure your nutrition is tightened. The road is very rough and you will see many bombs and bottles along the way. Make sure its not yours.....

Weather looks good even though the easterly is blowing (as it stands now)........

Remind me which way do we want the wind to blow / not blow?

Also guys say predictions are for big swells - 2.5m?

I do not know what this means if anythinh

Good luck to everyone.  I am drinking 20 vitamin pills per day fearing illness.  Both children have the flu so I feel like a prisoner in my own house.

My advice.....  make sure everything on your your bike is fastened tightly.  Make sure your nutrition is tightened.  The road is very rough and you will see many bombs and bottles along the way.  Make sure its not yours.....

The most stressful part of this week is staying healthy. A few people at work have gone down with flu. I sent one home yesterday. I had my last meeting this morning. I am now closing my office door and seeing no one until we leave for PE. I wash my hands probably every half an hour and drink who knows how many glasses of vitamin C per day. 

Remind me which way do we want the wind to blow / not blow?

Also guys say predictions are for big swells - 2.5m?

I do not know what this means if anythinh

East is the beast.  West is best mainly because you have a tail wind coming back.

Either way this year the wind will be fair.  In the past you didn't really have the benefit going out in terms of the easterly as the first 45 km was "inland" with the wind smacking you as you turn back along the coast.

So I really think this is a good year for PB's.  Only potential challenge is the rough road as we will be riding that section x 2 this year...

Edited by Garfield2010

So I really think this is a good year for PB's.  Only potential challenge is the rough road as we will be riding that section x 2 this year...

Hence I'm riding with 25's this year. And at 2 bar. :D

Hence I'm riding with 25's this year. And at 2 bar. :D

2 bar is to soft for PE Roads, you looking for a puncture....Don't go softer than 7 bar.

2 bar is to soft for PE Roads, you looking for a puncture....Don't go softer than 7 bar.

Hehe. I was just joking. Normally run about 6 bar.