New Tarmac elite.thoughts?

Brickleberry

Anybody got experience of the new Tarmac elite with 105 spec? For 30k it looks a good deal, compared to a lot of other brands. Although could get a "lesser brand" , with ultegra for similar money. Just wanna know if it's a decent bike for 30k, have no experience with spez at all.

Must you buy now....I know Spez usually have a clearence sale in a few months to make way for new stock..you might get that bike for 20 k...but then it could also be sold out ..then you stuffed...????

Or you could get the Tarmac Expert..."Rider First Engineered" Would be nice to get that on the sale for the price of the Elite right now...you never know...☺

Lessor brands like giant that win stages in tour de France and one day classics?

Sagan started riding a spez this year and has not won a thing. :P

That said I will on a venge with ultegra and love it!

Or you could get the Tarmac Expert..."Rider First Engineered" Would be nice to get that on the sale for the price of the Elite right now...you never know...☺

Shot I'll wait. How do you find out when they have specials?

R30k for a 105 specced bike? Is it really worth it? I like Specialized, but cannot justify R30k for what is their entry level bike. That is just my opinion.

I bought the same bike in 2008. Back then it was only 17k. It was about R5k more than other similar bikes, but I convinced myself that Specialized was a better brand and worth the extra money.

6 months into ownership, I hit a car and broke the frame. The replacement frame was R14k. I decided stuff that and bought a Raleigh frame for R6k. The cheaper Raleigh gave a much better ride. The R8k saving went into my wife's new car.

Having said that, you must buy what you want, not what is cheapest. If you get something other than what you want, you will always regret it.

If you like the Tarmac, buy it. It is your money.

Pay R3000 more and get the cannondale super six evo with ultegra. You might even get it for R30 000 as well

Tarmac is a great bike to race. Fast acceleration, light frame, mines a 61cm and loving it.

Recently had a proper fit done by Richard Baxter at Cyclefit - what a difference! Now that I am fitting it perfectly, knocked off 520 places in the Argus fun ride, and 10mins off the last Vortex race. Get as high a spec as you can afford and dont look back.

Pay R3000 more and get the cannondale super six evo with ultegra. You might even get it for R30 000 as well

Also rode Cannondale - super bike too for tall guys.

Must say though if it came down to a life or death choice, the Specialized is my no brainer.

As I said I love the swift, but I'm worried about service and after sales. It may seem like a entry level purchase to some , but 30k for me is a fortune. I want decent back up. What's the service like from swift?

As I said I love the swift, but I'm worried about service and after sales. It may seem like a entry level purchase to some , but 30k for me is a fortune. I want decent back up. What's the service like from swift?

Swift has really good after sales service. As they are a partly south african brand they have quite a big branch in cape town and its a bunch of great guys who run it. Ive just been dealing with them about getting a D-Vore and they where super helpful!

Iv experienced their service to be impeccable. I bought my bike second hand off a friend was a week old. They helped me with setup and have no problem honouring the warranty. They also then helped my wifes friends husband out with a decent deal.

Good to know. I will definitely look at the attack then.

was about to suggest one these. classy bikes.

Archived