Silverback?

Danielvdm

Anybody got any experience with Silverback bikes? and how does it compare to other popular bicycles? 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent money worth, Ridden Silverback since they began and never looked back.

Ridden the Storm and now the Syncra. Cant go wrong with Silverback

We have three in the family and I have had no issues regarding warranty claims and have only had good service from the bikes during the last 7 years. General consensus is that they offer great value for money compared to other brands, some say the best.

Will have no problems buying another one.

I have a Silverback Space Carbon roadie and it is amazing. Light, stiff, responsive, pretty much everything I could want.

Have owned 5 in the family over a period and currently running with 3 Silverback hardtail MTB's (Carbon Storm 1, Magnesium Alloy Vida 2 and entry level alloy Oakland. Find them great bikes with good after sales back up and have not had any reason to consider changing brand.

They are well specced, reasonably priced and good looking bikes.

Good bikes and generally well specced for what you pay. Have a few and they have been great. Still ride a Mercury on occasion, considering age and abuse it still rides as smooth as the day it was bought.

Try going to Urban Cycles at Umgeni Road before the Lion Match Factory and speak to the owner Jerry or his grandson Duncan; they are accredited distributors and have a lot of them on show !

Try going to Urban Cycles at Umgeni Road before the Lion Match Factory and speak to the owner Jerry or his grandson Duncan; they are accredited distributors and have a lot of them on show !

Thanks Jules. Will go have a look.. 

Own a Silverback Slade 1. Love it to bits. Have owned two other Silverback's in the past and would certainly recommend them to any one. Friggin amazing bikes!

New bikes also look fantastic, real resurgence within the brand. Little known fact is that Silverback won the prologue of the Epic and sponsor the Novus Omx team. Fabian Giger rode a Colnago though.

http://www.omxprobiketeam.com/the-bikes/

TeamOMX took it a step further this last weekend at the PMB Festival event which is a UCI accredited points race with an HC (out of category) rating. That means tougher than tough. OMX riders on Silverbacks took Elite men 1st and second place and Elite ladies 2nd, 3rd and 4th.  Isla Short who came 2nd in the ladies is only 18 years old. 

Team OMX now stand inside the top 15 teams in the world by UCI Points Rankings after the weekend's racing.

Awesome and so exciting.

Archived