Sun City Ultra

TYWALK

Good luck ladies and gents, have a safe trip and race.

Say hello to the crocodiles for me, been awhile since I swam there :whistling:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will swim without irrespective of the temperature. Cracked some ribs and getting in and out of the wetsuit is just going to cause me pain I reckon :)

Spoken like a swimmer!!

I generally dont swim in a suit unless its really cold and even then I think twice about it.

Got a new suit arriving soon so might see how that works out for longer stuff to save a bit of energy.

Swim was a shambles ....long story short...police were late so they decided to let ultra athletes go first then sprint..problem was ultras were completing 2 laps and sharing the water with sprints going in opposite way.... I missed a buoy somewhere too as did most of the swimmers I reckon....anyway it is what it is.

Cycle was pleasant but a pesky wind kept average speed down....nice course.

Run I did not enjoy...to many twists and turns an sharp uphill and downhills , lots of dirt road running too with loose conditions underfoot... Should be graded for 2016 I reckon....had to stop to let golfers take a shot now and again too...

All in all, a good event..I think they will up their game in 2016. Realized during the cycle that I am still tired from IM so going to take a nice rest and then prolly do Durban in August.

Did the sprint and can agree with IceCreamMan, the delay in getting traffic organised for all the closures messed the swim up (nothing to do with organisers, just lazy police)

Had to stop to let a bunch of ultra swimmers pass as they were finishing their first leg crossing in front of the sprint swimmers heading for the bank.

Cycle was fine except for a sharp hill right at the end which was a bit of a killer. Straight out and back route.

Also not a fan of the run course with the hilly route around the golf course.

Archived