[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Lol. Yeah man, I know. But it saves a lot of trouble.

And we'll see ;)

Edit: though you'll probably get there about 3 hours ahead of me so...

Ek doen selektiewe lees....

Sal my nou leer!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked for friend the other day - the 60km is more like 1350m on my Garmin. I remember seeing that before my first 60km and also going whooooah

I've ridden the 60 twice, and both times got close to 2000m, so I think its pretty accurate.

I'm thinking about entering the 60km. Will be my first time. That 1900m of elevation sounds hectic though.

Most of the (tough) climbing is in like the first 15km or something (to the top of Helshoogte). Pace yourself to there, and the rest of the race is actually very enjoyable.

You won't be sorry, a lot of people complain about the bottle necks, warra warra warra, but it is a great race, with a really fun route. The single track around Delheim and the Dirtopia trails are also great.

I've ridden the 60 twice, and both times got close to 2000m, so I think its pretty accurate.

Most of the (tough) climbing is in like the first 15km or something (to the top of Helshoogte). Pace yourself to there, and the rest of the race is actually very enjoyable.

Eina. I'd better upgrade my lungs then... 

Eina. I'd better upgrade my lungs then...

Plenty of time to rest going down Old Hels :P

Did the 50km last year, easy stuff, definitely doing the 60km. I'm a nobody so not even going to talk about the 75km but will be great

Not sure if you are aware, but the 42km is more difficult than the 50km. So the 60km will be a lot more difficult as that is obv more difficult than the 42km. Don't let the distance fool you. Then again the 60km is a lot more bang for your buck :clap:  

Ok, so I have to wait and see if I get an invite for the 75 before I enter for the 60. IMO the 75 is not much harder than the 60. I only want to do the 75 for that extra technical bid.

Ok, so I have to wait and see if I get an invite for the 75 before I enter for the 60. IMO the 75 is not much harder than the 60. I only want to do the 75 for that extra technical bid.

Wait for the invite, even if you don't get it you can ask for an invite - organisers only want to avoid newbies doing the 75

Given that you have more than 1000 hub posts I assume you are not a noob anymore  :whistling:

I am a roadie. I only enter mtb races to hold back the real mountain bikers on the single track. :P

I am a roadie. I only enter mtb races to hold back the real mountain bikers on the single track. :P

Sounds like my game plan, out climb them and then crank down the single track and wait for the back lash in the hub

Sounds like my game plan, out climb them and then crank down the single track and wait for the back lash in the hub

...sorry,..out climb who?? ;)

Archived