2015 Coronation Double Century

Chris NewbyFraser

Patch' you crazy 

Don't worry about Patch. He's always delirious after changing his profile pic. :eek:

Please go back to that sexy side-view pose. :clap:

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice write up!! This the write up for next year???

First paragraph last sentences " The Double Century adds two difficult elements not normally found in road racing in the Western Cape, more distance than usual and a team dynamic. The 2016 edition of the race added a few more factors, rain, freezing cold and gusting wind." :eek: :whistling:

Can you also give me the lotto numbers for Saturday?? :ph34r:

Not going to pay our copywriter for this article...

:D  :D It also works the other way around here in the Cape - remember when Darren lill showed up with a road bike to ride The Mast Challenge in Tokai? And klapped the mountain bikers vuurwarm by setting a new record time that has now been standing for quite some time! Gravel and all, story goes that he sommer rode the single track on his way down to show them some more! :thumbup:

it was a cyclo cross bike 

Guest Lancesball

it was a cyclo cross bike 

No it was a standard Schwinn road bike with Tandem wheels fitted.

Guest Lancesball

Tandem wheels won't fit in a road bikes rear triangle

Wheels, tyres same parts off a tandem. It was a standard road bike with tandem wheels or tyres at the time.

Wheels, tyres same parts off a tandem. It was a standard road bike with tandem wheels or tyres at the time.

I was having a gentle ride in Tokai on the day, and he came passed me at speed up the dirt Road - was unreal. Not sure what bike it was but it did have slightly wider tyres.. (I think)

Tandem wheels won't fit in a road bikes rear triangle

This might differ between recipient frames, but I assure you I had previously handed a rear tandem wheel with 28mm gators to a random smallish ladies carbon racing frame on the Argus route so that at least one bike can finish post crash. (My front wheel disappeared, together with most of my skin) 

Had no issues with fitting it.

Don't worry about Patch. He's always delirious after changing his profile pic. :eek:

Please go back to that sexy side-view pose. :clap:

There you go ;)

mmmm sounds like a plan - maybe we should do it next year

A Hub social team: an intro to long distance team riding.

With the object being of getting everyone across the line.

Thor, fancy a social DC ride next year ?

we have like 10 odd hours to ride 200 odd km's?

A few people I know have now done it, and taken 8.30 with quotes like 'Forking hell that was a long day..' and my own misery at doing 8 hours for the 100Miler knew no bounds. So with much love and affection, I am going to politely decline your 10 hour offer :) unless you have access to some powerful horse tranquillisers? Hmm? :)

(on a serious note, this year I am going to strap a bear to my Camelback, hop on the road bike and pop in on the 16th.hopefully with some other people from this side, since I missed it when it was almost outside my door last year)

Archived