Road Shoes

Patchelicious

So I ended up going for the Spez S-Works as thats what I was using on MTB.

Went to Concept Cyclery Cedar and asked what they had in my size, had a set of Cav Editions. Was happy, bought them.

Went on a ride to test them. Found that the 44 was a tad too big for me.

Took them back to exchange them and was told that because I had put cleats on them that I couldn't exchange them, simple as that no if buts or whens or lets make a plan. I was told to go sell them on the Hub...... Conversation did not go well as you can imagine, and needless to say I wont go back again. But I'm not here to argue about them.

I got in my car and drove to the next nearest Spez stockist, being Complete Cyclist, they had a pair of 43s in stock, put them on felt much better and bought them. Now you can imagine the *** I'm in for buying 2 pairs of S-Works shoes in 1 week :(

I asked them that if they are a bit tight, if I could bring them back and they said of course.

So here is my question, the right foot does feel a little tight right behind my little toe on the right foot, just there at the widest part of the foot, everything else is perfect. Are these shoes going to stretch a bit? If not, seeing as that I probably wont find a Spez 43.5 which shoes are slightly wider as standard?

ps: for those who want a cool pair of 44 S-Works click here

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=hubmarket&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=135263&new=1

Why don't you add a second very thin insole to the current Spez setup. If the shoes are just slightly too big, it might just give you that extra mm or 2 you need?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you add a second very thin insole to the current Spez setup. If the shoes are just slightly too big, it might just give you that extra mm or 2 you need?

I have taken the 43s back already.... :( Complete Cyclist was very cool about it.

I'm going to give the Gaerne's a shot. Just tried of a pair of 44, were a bit too big, so could work.

If not, perhaps the option above is one to look at. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I have taken the 43s back already.... :( Complete Cyclist was very cool about it.

I'm going to give the Gaerne's a shot. Just tried of a pair of 44, were a bit too big, so could work.

If not, perhaps the option above is one to look at. Thanks for the suggestion :)

You will love the Gaerne's!!

I like Sidi s , but I heard People with wide feet complain that the Sidi s are a bit narrow .

Hi

I have Sidi road shoes. love love love them.

I am currently looking at buying MTB sidi shoes.

You will love the Gaerne's!!

So I did the swop and the Gaerne's fit perfectly. Rode 5 hours with them yesterday and they are great. Just need a few cleat adjustments, but so far brilliant!

I like Sidi s , but I heard People with wide feet complain that the Sidi s are a bit narrow .

There's a special size for those with platvoete

Is it Jumbo Or Wide or something?

There's a special size for those with platvoete

Is it Jumbo Or Wide or something?

They do a "Mega" but very limited in what they import. Not many models available in SA in "Mega".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I did the swop and the Gaerne's fit perfectly. Rode 5 hours with them yesterday and they are great. Just need a few cleat adjustments, but so far brilliant!

Pics or it didnt happen

Pics or it didnt happen

Sure :)

A few weeks later I saw the guy who I swopped my S-works shoes to, trying to swop them for another pair on the classifieds. Problem was he told the next dude that they were BRAND new never worn, and that they retail for R5000 even though I gave him my slip which clearly shows R4400...

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/Gaerne_zpsdxi2pre4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Reviving an old thread... does anybody know who stocks Mavic Road shoes in Gauteng?

Keen to try a pair of these on

post-13500-0-24289000-1442559547_thumb.jpg

post-13500-0-81760800-1442559559_thumb.jpg

Reviving an old thread... does anybody know who stocks Mavic Road shoes in Gauteng?

Keen to try a pair of these on

attachicon.gif377946.jpg

attachicon.gif377961.jpg

I am sure I have seen some at Tony Impey Cycles

Tony Impey cycles
www.tonyimpeycycles.co.za/
  •  
  •  
Tony Impey Cycles, bicycle shop, bedfordview, johannesburg, repairs and sales of quality bicycles and bicycle components.

Bedford Arcade, 55 Van Buuren Rd, Johannesburg, 2001

011 450 2555

I am sure I have seen some at Tony Impey Cycles

Tony Impey cycles
www.tonyimpeycycles.co.za/
  •  
  •  
Tony Impey Cycles, bicycle shop, bedfordview, johannesburg, repairs and sales of quality bicycles and bicycle components.

Bedford Arcade, 55 Van Buuren Rd, Johannesburg, 2001

011 450 2555

Cool thanks, will try pop in there on the weekend

Archived