Power Watt Training Studios in JHB area

Hi All

Now that winter is setting in, looking at joining up to train indoors.

I don't really like spinning classes the gyms offer and prefer training on the wattbikes. The wattbikes at virgin actives are limited though and therefore you can never guarantee yourself a bike when you get to gym.

Can everyone help me with a list of cycling studios that offer power training or some kind of indoor cycling training that is different from spinning?

I know about Cadence in fourways, bu this is out the way as I am from the Benoni area but work in Sandton.

Therefore, anything between the east and Sandton will be perfect.

Thanks All

Cheers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bicylepower have a studio in Rivonia, and there is a studio in Rosebank that Bruce Diesel owns - those are the only 2 I know of other than the VA gyms with wattbikes.

There is wattlab, cadence and I think cyclops have their own studio too now(might be the same as cadence)..there might be some more.

edit...meant bicyclepower

head over to www.cycleopsvip.co.za to see what we offer in the latest virtual training and structured interval training developed by science2sport!! 

or drop us a mail and we can do a FREE FTP test on you and discuss your needs over a coffee after.

Cyclezone in Rosebank

As V12 sez, bruce diesel is head coach there. They also serve some of the best coffee in town

160 Jan Smuts.

I serve the best coffee in Rosebank...

I serve the best coffee in Rosebank...

Hence the:

Cyclezone in Rosebank

As V12 sez, bruce diesel is head coach there. They also serve some of the best coffee in town

160 Jan Smuts.

I will have to compare sometime, to form an unbiased opinion.

Thanks guys, Will check those two out.

Anything on the east rand at all? Or is that a gap in the market?

Does anyone know if Sandton Virgin Active and Glen Marais (in Kempton Park) Virgin actives have wattbikes?

I know that Rivionia Virgin Active and Bryanston Virgin active have wattbikes but not sure about the other two.

just get a cylcops and join our race i guarantee you will ride at your max, every time

This is really not a bad option

Put the trainer on12 month budget and see it as gym membership fees for a year. After the year, you paid the trainer off but still have the trainer or "gym". Also its in the comfort of your own home. The only thing you need is a good program and you are set. 

This is really not a bad option

Put the trainer on12 month budget and see it as gym membership fees for a year. After the year, you paid the trainer off but still have the trainer or "gym". Also its in the comfort of your own home. The only thing you need is a good program and you are set.

sounds like a plan what do they go for?

Hence the:

I will have to compare sometime, to form an unbiased opinion.

mi casa, su casa....

Archived