Wahoo Kickr

Kickr is great due to it being future proof(BLE and Ant+ compatible), BUT its price point counts against it..

If you can afford it go for it, the powerbeam pro is quite a bit less with local support and easier to setup imo.

Hello Rouxtjie, 

The good news is that the KICKR is supported locally by iKhambi. We are the distributors for the Wahoo brand. We carry spare parts should it be required and also assist in technical questions. You can contact us on 0861 249 649 or email the sales manager at sean@ikhambi.co.za. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it easy to get going? I am not really experienced with things like FTP etc, although I have been riding for 15 years I am not really scientific. I would like to improve this though, but worry if I get the tranier I won't even know where to start, so will just ride it like a R2k trainer?

Hello Yetiboy, 

Should you require any assistance or have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Wahoo offices on 0861 249 649

Only supplier is bicycle power as far as i know?

Hello Oxter, 

iKhambi is the distributor in South Africa. We have set up demo KICKR units in the following stores in South Africa:

CycleLab Fourways

Complete Cyclist - Bedfort View

Complete Cyclist - Bryanston

Concept Cyclery - Melrose Arch

Concept Cyclery - Cedar Square

Bruce Ryneke Cycles - Pretoria

Leigh Cycle Centre - Durban 

Epic Cycles - Cape Town

Cheers!

Hello Oxter, 

iKhambi is the distributor in South Africa. We have set up demo KICKR units in the following stores in South Africa:

CycleLab Fourways

Epic Cycles - Cape Town

Cheers!

Epic Cycles or Epic Bike Shop?

Hello Rouxtjie, 

The good news is that the KICKR is supported locally by iKhambi. We are the distributors for the Wahoo brand. We carry spare parts should it be required and also assist in technical questions. You can contact us on 0861 249 649 or email the sales manager at sean@ikhambi.co.za. 

Hi, great stuff, backup and support is a big deal when it comes to these things, also the reason why I wont touch taxc unit even if its for free, its just no worth the trouble.

It is a great product you have there and with winter coming up, I am sure you guys will be writing bonus cheques...  :thumbup:

Hello Oxter, 

CycleLab Fourways

Epic Cycles - Cape Town

Cheers!

Great, thanks for the input. I will go past Melrose arch and have a look and hopefully pick one up...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have two (wife and myself) and are certainly worth the money and thus far had no issues with them. I mainly use it in ERG mode with www.todaysplan.co.za workouts, set to my FTP and then complete my planned workout. Occasionally use it with Trainer Road but as I am on a training plan with Todays Plan there Android APP controls the Kickr and keeps me inline with my targeted TSS for the week. Kinomap is cool but no really my think as is more of a fun factor than a structured training workout. Kickr is also great for tapper for a race as can hit exactly the numbers you need to ensure you fresh enough without losing your feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6aHYMBPsRk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Again, no need to change gears so not sure why you would want 11 speed...

The KICKR now ships standard with an 11 spd Cassette even though there might still be 10spd versions out there... 

Archived