Kevin Evans announces retirement from professional cycling

News bot

Kevin Evans, one of South Africa’s most successful cyclists, has announced that he will be hanging up his racing wheels in September 2015. The 2015 Karoo2Coast marathon, which finishes in Knysna, close to Evans’ Plettenberg Bay home, will be the race that concludes an illustrious 12-year professional career.

Click here to view the article

Sad day  :(

One of my fav pros - was frustrating to see him struggle a bit the past few years  - hope he can go out on a high!

Always a shame when one of the good ones pull stumps. Good rider and always super humble and nice when you meet him.

Always in the shop when ever I'm in Plett and whether it's pulling my rear hub apart or just having a banter he's always seems to treat people with respect and actual interest.

Good luck with everything moving forward.  

great career...many good times, but maybe got bogged down by trying to win the epic. I think his epic with the albanator will be the one that he felt it really got away.

The okes in the vets cat must fear the day he takes it seriously.

All the best to him, met him about 10 years ago at Hell and Back and had a bite to eat together, super cool guy

felt quite surreal being at the world PREMIERE of (bike life...wtf was it called again?). uh mean a documentary movie about two saffers trying to win the epic, with like real cameras and stuff.

I also liked what he said about Burry at his passing - despite the competition, you could see there was mutual respect between the two. (I'm not getting lawyers letters for saying any of this, am I?)

Sad to hear but not unexpected due to his run of bad luck the past few years. One of our better pro's. He will be missed.

felt quite surreal being at the world PREMIERE of (bike life...wtf was it called again?). uh mean a documentary movie about two saffers trying to win the epic, with like real cameras and stuff.

I also liked what he said about Burry at his passing - despite the competition, you could see there was mutual respect between the two. (I'm not getting lawyers letters for saying any of this, am I?)

Last I checked it was still legal to have an opinion on something. IIRC the movie was when he and DG were teammates. Couldn't agree more re your comment about Kev and Burry.

Last I checked it was still legal to have an opinion on something. IIRC the movie was when he and DG were teammates. Couldn't agree more re your comment about Kev and Burry.

that was a silly reference to someone getting threatened with legal action on Kevbo on this here hub!

He was definitely with david george then....his co star so to speak!

http://api.ning.com/files/u1NwgEvPy0XK6WoWIC2Dx93FNw-pzzJkMVFF4a19h40RU1J*D9dG6s0pL9lPeDXiPLNsVHyZoRxq0ci4tOIq8VKyEIBaFbaB/463030075.jpeg