The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

@Gerald, I think what you have achieved is AMAZING!!!!

Thanks so much for this, makes the tour a bit more bearable for a MTBer like myself.

I'm very much bringing up the rear at this point but it was always for fun. I did make up about 30places yesterday though, 650 odd to go

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I new that in order to win the comp (I know it's early days but I doubt the top 2 will change)

I would've also ONLY picked white jersey contenders like BusterBluth and Besso  :whistling:

;Scoring big points with riders that haven't even been mentioned yet this tour.

Some hubbers have Yellow, Green, White and multiple stage winners in their squad but they're in the bottom half of the leaderboard.

Next year the comp should be called - "pick the best young rider fantasy comp."

My 2C

I am relying heavily in VanMarcke today. . I would say Sagan too, but he will be looking after Contador today..

If I new that in order to win the comp (I know it's early days but I doubt the top 2 will change)

I would've also ONLY picked white jersey contenders like BusterBluth and Besso  :whistling:

Some hubbers have Yellow, Green, White and multiple stage winners in their squad but they're in the bottom half of the leaderboard.

My 2C

Early days Bru

Early days Bru

I'll bet you a pair of Giro shoes the top two won't change.

But I was just expressing my opinion, I don't really care who wins to be honest.

STAGE 04

How will you be scoring points today?

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_victoire_etape.png

Stage finish

1 point per rider if your chosen riders cross the finish line and are classified as a finisher. Today is a MEDIUM stage, with a rating 2/6.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_jaune.png

GC Classification

Four riders have officially withdrawn, as showing on the Tour’s website, but news reports show that others may not start today. The points on offer for the GC position will be the total number of riders to finish * 0.1.

Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time. The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime          Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime       Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAYellow          0.1

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_blanc.png

Young Rider Classification

There were officially 31 young riders that finished yesterday, so depending on the number that finish today, the number of riders * 0.1 will be awarded to the leader in the white jersey. Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time.

The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime           Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime       Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                   number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAWhite            0.7

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_vert.png

Sprinter’s Classification

One intermediate sprint, with points:

10.0 – 8.5 – 7.5 – 6.5 – 5.5 – 5.0 – 4.5 – 4.0 – 3.5 – 3.0 – 2.5 – 2.0 –1.5 – 1.0 – 0.5

At the finish line, the first 15 finishers score points, with points as follows:

12.5 – 11 – 9.5 – 8.5 – 7.5 – 6.5 – 5.5 – 4.5 – 3.5 – 3.0 – 2.5 – 2.0 –1.5 – 1.0 – 0.5

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_a_pois.png

KOM Classification

The first stage with categorised climbs, meaning the points are awarded according to the following criteria:

·         1x Cat 4           1 point for the first rider over the climb

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_combativite-antargaz.png

Most Aggressive

Due to the 2/6 rating for today’s stage, the Most Aggressive rider will score 100 points.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_equipes-ragt.png

Team Classification

Points are awarded to the top 4 teams at the end of the stage. Points available are as follows:

7 – 4 – 2 – 1        

Bonus Points

1 point is awarded if one or more of your riders is wearing one of the category jerseys, i.e. Yellow, White or Green, as well as the Best Team. If a rider wins more than one jersey, the less important jersey is worn by the next rider on the standing (this rider does not qualify to score points).

Breakaway

20 points per rider in the break.

100 points for every rider in the break that finishes ahead of the peloton.

Daily Prize

The person leading the competition today will be in line to win the daily prize.

If the person leading has already won a prize, it goes to the next person on the leaderboard that hasn't won a prize.

Daily Prize

The person that scores the most points today will be in line to win the daily prize.

Shouldn't this read:

"The person who leads the Fantasy competition after today will be in line to win the daily prize." ?

Shouldn't this read:

"The person who leads the Fantasy competition after today will be in line to win the daily prize." ?

Yes, thanks for the sharp eyes.

Fixed

My 2C

The rules and scoring system was advertised weeks before you had to choose your team, so no-one was unduly benefited. It was just a matter of reading through the scoring system and coming up with your team strategy.

Your post is a bit of a head scratcher. It's kind of like hearing someone walking out of a History exam and saying, "if only I knew they were going to test us on the History syllabus, I would have done a lot better". 

For those of you interested in the stats:

141 riders selected from 198 taking part - 71% of the riders participating were picked.

post-1372-0-05787100-1436259902_thumb.png

post-1372-0-85355100-1436259912_thumb.png

post-1372-0-95599700-1436259925_thumb.png

My 2C

I hear what you are saying, I have some good picks that actually feature in gc, stage wins and climbers jersey, but I am way back on the leaderboard.

I did not read the rules or scoring system, but I had no intention of making a strategic selection. - if you are in it to win it, study the rules and scoring system, make selection according to that.

I based my selection on riders that I like, support and know.

I'm having fun that way.

Sad about Fabian, real sad, he is my favorite rider but he was my sub - I guess I had a feeling, so sad.

I hear what you are saying, I have some good picks that actually feature in gc, stage wins and climbers jersey, but I am way back on the leaderboard.

I did not read the rules or scoring system, but I had no intention of making a strategic selection. - if you are in it to win it, study the rules and scoring system, make selection according to that.

I based my selection on riders that I like, support and know.

I'm having fun that way.

Sad about Fabian, real sad, he is my favorite rider but he was my sub - I guess I had a feeling, so sad.

If your picks are good, then there's nothing to worry about. We've only done stage 3, so this Tour is still in diapers.

Remember, the real racing only starts in week 3 (ok, maybe halfway through week 2).

We are a looooong way from there still :)

The teams aren't contributing much at this stage, but the top teams are:

BMC - 18

Ettix-Quick Step - 8

Team Lotto NL-Jumbo - 8

Trek Factory Racing - 4

Team Sky - 4

Tinkoff-Saxo - 2

Movistar - 1

post-1372-0-85454800-1436261871_thumb.png

Monday will be interesting, watching the changes coming through.

The obvious change will be to replace riders that have withdrawn, but for the rest it's a case of replacing the right person at the right time.

This competition is far from over.

Archived