Snapped aluminium frame Western Cape.

Hi

Is there anyone in the Western Cape that can assist me? My aluminium bike frame have snapped. Is there anyone that know of someone that specialize in welding bike frames? 

Regards

post-76469-0-10645100-1431695078_thumb.jpg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that frame is DEAD.

Heat treated Alu cannot be successfully welded, it always breaks again next to the weld.

But try Andre, maybe he can assist you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that frame is DEAD.

Heat treated Alu cannot be successfully welded, it always breaks again next to the weld.

But try Andre, maybe he can assist you.

What he said, except, don't even bother to try welding it, strip all your components and clean them. Buy new frame here on the Hub, install components. New ride ready!

Some real bargains going, like this:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/134705-gaint-trance-2/

Don't listen to these naysayers. That's just a scratch. A little bit of polish and that will buff right out.

Just make sure you do the buffing on a full moon night, in the middle of a cemetery....... ;)

It is my understanding that that is toast. Agree with the other, time for a new frame.

Andre Louw (ote.cycles@gmail.com)

26 Oranje Street
Tygerdal
Goodwood, Western Cape 7460
+27825553422

Thanx, will give him a call.

what angle grider disc did you use to get such a clean cut?!

Ha ha.... only the Willowcreek MTB challenge last weekend and some fast down-hills, don't really believe in brakes.....

Archived