Uploading photo's

fees

Can anyone help me upload a photo of my time trial bike I am riding at Ironman. I tried to upload one but it said it was too big, not sure how to decrease the size of the photo.

Can anyone help me upload a photo of my time trial bike I am riding at Ironman. I tried to upload one but it said it was too big' date=' not sure how to decrease the size of the photo. [/quote']

mail your pic to me - i'll resize for you to upload. rust AT iafrica DOT com (as per admin's request Wink)

there is a nice simple edit package which allows you to resize crop etc

Infraview

Free at www.brothersoft.com/downloads/infraview.html 

i bought a pc book that has this cool program on a dvd .

It resizes your pics in a jiffy faststone photo resizer was in the november 2007 issue of the microsoft windows xp magazine bought it at CNA

hagar2008-04-02 12:12:49

This is what I do

Right click on the image.

Send to.

Mail recipient.

Resize

It then pops up in an email. Drag and drop onto desktop and there we go.

A great freeware utility to use as well, is XnView. Download it from here: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/endownload.html You can open about 400 different file formats and export to over 50 formats. Download the application and install. The install file is only 2.1MB. Run  the application. Click on "File" then on "Open". Browse to the location where the image is that you want to resize. After the image is loaded, click on "Image" and then on "Resize".  Now click on the top drop down menu (the one just below where it says "Standard size". Now choose 640x480. This should resize it small enough for upload onto the server. Your file size must be smaller than 100kb in order to be uploaded. I just resized a JPG image from the original 2.4mb to 82kb! The image is still large enough to be viewed on the forum. This is the end result.20080402_123714_100_8471.jpg

Thanks for that Steynja, looking at your back ground in the picture you need to fix that crack in the wall the rain is on it's wayBig%20smile

Some digital cameras can set the size of the picture' date=' i use the small setting and my jpeg 82k[/quote']

thats all good and well but the quality of the picture can sometimes be so poor that when you print it or use it.... its all dotty (pixilated). MS Office 2007 has a cool picture manager programme.

I've worked on Apple Mac for the past 15 years. Just can't seem to 'click' with this website, whether it's replying to a previous post or trying to post a pic. I expect there's little that can be done since Mac users are the minority and programs aren't always Mac compatible.

Anyone else have this hassle? Anything that can be done to solve it?

I've worked on Apple Mac for the past 15 years. Just can't seem to 'click' with this website' date=' whether it's replying to a previous post or trying to post a pic. I expect there's little that can be done since Mac users are the minority and programs aren't always Mac compatible.
[/quote']

I've also had weird problems with Firefox. Tables not alligning like they should & text lightyears off the page...

Now I keep on having to use IE to view the hubOuch

I've worked on Apple Mac for the past 15 years. Just can't seem to

'click' with this website' date=' whether it's replying to a previous post or

trying to post a pic. I expect there's little that can be done since

Mac users are the minority and programs aren't always Mac compatible.

[/quote']

Are you having trouble using Safari? Does it happen all the time or only occasionally?

I've also had weird problems with Firefox. Tables not alligning like they should & text lightyears off the page...

Now I keep on having to use IE to view the hubOuch

I use Firefox and have no problems - I have noticed the Google Ads causing issues sometimes, but nothing like you describe. Could you perhaps take a screenshot and send it to me?

I use Firefox. When I reply to a post, the formatting is lost. And posting a pic, well maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but I cannot find any obvious way to upload a pic.