25c tyres on a Giant TCR (2015 model)

Mongoose!

Have anybody maybe tried to fit a 25c tyres into a newer Giant TCR frame ?
Front wheel will work, but my concern is the rear clearance between tyre and seat tube.

A while back I tried to fit a 25c tyres on a “normal size (rim made for a 23c size tyre)– Ksyriums  and the inflated rear did not fit into the frame – the 25c tire did not inflate wider but, made the profile deeper  - as said the result was that the tire touched the inside of the seat tube.
So what I actually want to know:

• Will a wider rim (22mm) with a 25c tyre fitted have the same effect?  (wider AND deeper?)  Or will it only  be wider, with the same profile than a 23c tyre on a 19mm rim? (like the Ksyriums above )

No luck with google and Unfortunately don’t know anybody (Bloemfontein) using 22mm rims with 25c tyres for a quick test on fitment. :blush:

Thanks for reading and any advice will be highly appreciated.

I've been riding 25mm tires for the past few years.  Last year got a new Swift frame and had the same problem.  Funny 'though I can still ride 25mm Gatorskins but the GP4000s touch.  My son's Dedacci frame is the same.  A wider rim will flatten the tire - a customer of mine has no problem with his 25mm rims fitted with 25mm tires.  Looks like you are the one to test 22mm rims!

Have anybody maybe tried to fit a 25c tyres into a newer Giant TCR frame ?

Front wheel will work, but my concern is the rear clearance between tyre and seat tube.

A while back I tried to fit a 25c tyres on a “normal size (rim made for a 23c size tyre)– Ksyriums  and the inflated rear did not fit into the frame – the 25c tire did not inflate wider but, made the profile deeper  - as said the result was that the tire touched the inside of the seat tube.

So what I actually want to know:

• Will a wider rim (22mm) with a 25c tyre fitted have the same effect?  (wider AND deeper?)  Or will it only  be wider, with the same profile than a 23c tyre on a 19mm rim? (like the Ksyriums above )

No luck with google and Unfortunately don’t know anybody (Bloemfontein) using 22mm rims with 25c tyres for a quick test on fitment. :blush:

Thanks for reading and any advice will be highly appreciated.

Not too sure how much difference the 2012 TCR is to the 2015, but at one stage I had 25mm GP4000s on Ksyrium elites and they worked perfectly. Hope this helps even though Its not the 2015 as you asking about.

Not too sure how much difference the 2012 TCR is to the 2015, but at one stage I had 25mm GP4000s on Ksyrium elites and they worked perfectly. Hope this helps even though Its not the 2015 as you asking about.

I have a 2013 TCR Adv frame and run 25mm Gatorskins on Ksyrium Elites and have no problem. 

post-615-0-02886400-1433176038_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-96057400-1433176054_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat

I have a 2013 TCR Adv frame and run 25mm Gatorskins on Ksyrium Elites and have no problem.

Hey. Thanks so much.

Is that 19mm or 22mm rims in your photo?

Hey. Thanks so much.

Is that 19mm or 22mm rims in your photo?

I think the Ksyrium rims are about 20mm external and 15mm internal.

• 8 months later...

Also wanting to run a wide tyre on a wide rim....

From David's post I reckon I'll be fine.

Rims: 25mm external, 17.9mm internal (light bicycle 45mm U shaped).

Tyres: Spez Turbo Pro 26mm (preferably) or 24mm.

http://www.light-bicycle.com/light-bicycle/45mm-deep-carbon-700C-25mm-wide-road-rim-clincher-U-shape-tubeless-compatible-with-basalt-braking-surface/road-rim-clincher.jpg

please give some feedback if it worked - thx

please give some feedback if it worked - thx

Will do. Might be a while though due to travels, but will definitely provide some pics.