Tacx trainers now unlocked

HappyMartin

Took the plunge and bought one around 3 weeks ago...

Been using it with trainerroad now for 2 weeks... I am amazed at how much for efficient and controlled the training is...

Loving the new toy!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not correct. Your Garmin can pick up the trainer via ant and display the watts, cadence and speed and therefor record your ride, but you cannot control the resistance from the Garmin as the Garmin is a receiving device only using ANT. The only info the Garmin can send out is to download a historic ride via bluetooth.

No i think i am correct and i think you are wrong. Have you read the dc rainmaker review? It clearly says the 520 device can be used to control resistance trainers with Ant FE-C protocol ad a new feature.

No i think i am correct and i think you are wrong. Have you read the dc rainmaker review? It clearly says the 520 device can be used to control resistance trainers with Ant FE-C protocol ad a new feature.

you are correct

Took the plunge and bought one around 3 weeks ago...

Been using it with trainerroad now for 2 weeks... I am amazed at how much for efficient and controlled the training is...

Loving the new toy!!!

Waiting for mine to be delivered hopefully later this week

just need to get myself an ant+ dongle as well

Edited by Oxter

who is using a bushido smart with CVT - I just need some advice on connecting this trainer to CVT. Should I use ANt+ or Bluetooth?

Thanks

who is using a bushido smart with CVT - I just need some advice on connecting this trainer to CVT. Should I use ANt+ or Bluetooth?

Thanks

I am. on the iPad

when you scan on Bluetooth select the option "blue tooth power meter" I think it is. then the CVT pulls in the bushido power

Edited by Erroli8a8

My apologies and thanks for the info. I was referring to the Edge 810 and was not aware that the 520 can do that. Every day something to learn

Thanks

I am using the Bushido with a desktop computer. I am using ANt+ with absolute no problems. I use the TACX  ANT adapter on my computor. On setup you select Tacx Smart Trainer and it connects with no issues.

Also connected it to my Android phone via Bluetooth without any issues.

Edited by Broker

My apologies and thanks for the info. I was referring to the Edge 810 and was not aware that the 520 can do that. Every day something to learn

saw it here...

...looks awesome

Thanks

Im using my desktop with ANT+. As far as i know Tacx has not opened up the function to 3rd party apps to control the trainer with Bluetooth

EDIT: i haven't tried it it

Edited by Oxter