Critérium du Dauphiné 2015

tombeej

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The advantage of Courteille, Quéméneur and Teklehaimanot keeps growing: 6.45 at km 50.

MTN very excited about the polka dot jersey

The MTN-Qhubeka team, which is the first African trade team to take part in the Tour de France, is very excited about having the polka dot jersey with Daniel Teklehaimanot at the Dauphiné. “This is our first jersey in a World Tour race and to wear our first World Tour jersey with one of our African riders is just incredible”, said sport director Jens Zemke. “It was a superb result for us and it builds up some good confidence ahead of the Tour de France.”

Half way up and the gap has grown to 6:55.

Looks like the peloton is trying to prevent the sprinters from dropping off the back which means we are bound for a real fast finish at the end of the day.

Daniel T has crested the Col de Cuvéry, not sure of the order but with them have a gap of over 6min the the peloton its safe to say he will be wearing the redesigned Polka dot jersey(Red with White dots) tomorrow.

Well Done, 1sr job for the day done, now EBH sprint for the win!

Three riders down

Crash in the bunch at km 98: Laurent Pichon (FDJ), Alessandro Vanotti (Astana) and Stephen Cummings (MTN) went down.

Laurent Pichon (FDJ), with drawls from the race after the crash

Gap at 1:41

Main Cheese shot away from the peloton at the top of the climb and got himself 4 KOM points as well (i.e. 4th after the 3 breakaway riders had been through).

Main Cheese shot away from the peloton at the top of the climb and got himself 4 KOM points as well (i.e. 4th after the 3 breakaway riders had been through).

Result of KOM price at col de Cuvéry, km 74:

1. Daniel Teklehaimanot (MTN), 10 points

2. Perrig Quémeneur (Europcar), 8

3. Arnaud Courteille (FDJ), 6

4. Louis Meintjes (MTN), 4

5. Luis Angel Maté (Cofidis), 2

6. Gatis Smukulis (Katusha), 1

Meintjies keeping his options open, Podium for White and / Or Polka Jersey at the end of the tour.

Points classification after today's stage:

1.   TEKLEHAIMANOT Daniel 198   MTN-QHUBEKA           25 pts

2.   QUEMENEUR Perrig         156  TEAM EUROPCAR      11 pts

3.   COURTEILLE ARNAUD     172  FDJ                              8 pts

4. -2 THURAU Bjorn                207  BORA-ARGON 18        7 pts

5.   MEINTJES Louis               196   MTN-QHUBEKA           4 pts

Archived