Breedts Nek shop/food/drink

yetiboy

Last time I did Breedts nek after a long break I was dissapointed to find the shebeen at the bottom closed and I only had 1 water bottle. Does anybody know if there is somewhere else near to the bottom to refuel?

When was that?

The shebeen was reopened when I was last there middle April. They even were braaiing boerie-rolls :)

It was closed for a while early this year. I also arrived one weekend to find it empty and deserted. They obviously did some renovations. There is a new seating area outside, not sure what else

If thats closed, ride back over the hill and go to Mogallywood Brewery.

Done that on a few Breedts rides, the only problem is the ride isnt so lekker coming back after you get settled with a couple of draughts.

Uber doesnt work there :blink:

Thats good news I am heading out there this weekend. We used to ride to the Mountain Sanctuary park reception for drinks

Last time I did Breedts nek after a long break I was dissapointed to find the shebeen at the bottom closed and I only had 1 water bottle. Does anybody know if there is somewhere else near to the bottom to refuel?

Just as you go past the Shabeen to the T-junction tar road turn right and go through the dip and about +/- 1 Km on the right you will see Tree Tops farm stall. Has lots of stock and quite a variety off nice goodies.Coldrinks,Ice-creams you name it.Nice lady that works there aswell and can tell you what happening around the area.

• 7 months later...

Anybody been to Breedts this year?  is the farm and shabeen open?  

I was there 1st week jan and everything was closed, assuming that was just because of the holidays.

Anybody been to Breedts this year?  is the farm and shabeen open?  

I was there 1st week jan and everything was closed, assuming that was just because of the holidays.

Open and looking like it got upgraded a little. Was there on the weekend of the 2nd week Jan

That Tree Tops, mentioned a few posts back, have some unbeleavable date biscuites / eaty-things.

Worth the ride over Breedts!!

Where do I park if I want to go ride Breedtsnek? As an alternative can I get there from Van Gaalens and how far is that then?

Where do I park if I want to go ride Breedtsnek? As an alternative can I get there from Van Gaalens and how far is that then?

vg to shebeen and back is 120, nice ride

Pop onto Strava and search for rides with Breedts. You will see where most guys are riding from. We normally part at a small farm. R20 parking and have a lekker brekkie after the ride. About 20km from the bottom. So 50km round trip if you just ride to the top and turn around.

Pop onto Strava and search for rides with Breedts. You will see where most guys are riding from. We normally part at a small farm. R20 parking and have a lekker brekkie after the ride. About 20km from the bottom. So 50km round trip if you just ride to the top and turn around.

vg to shebeen and back is 120, nice ride

Cheers guys thanks for the info.....I will check Strava and go from there.

Archived