Eselfontein: Singletrack Heaven in the Farmlands of Ceres

"The fact that there are no plug points, means that phones and modern life distractions quickly get left behind and are replaced with the simplicity of riding, eating and laughing around the dinner table."

AWESOME :thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jussis that just me makes me want to go there NOW! Awesome series,

I'm leaving at 14.00 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Still my favorite Trail in the country - my home of MTB for sure!!! Brings a smile to my face just thinking of it... :)

Been trying to get out there for a while now, but no one seems keen and whats the point of going so far alone!

You should join us on one of our 'Wild Weekends' out there then. 10-20 intermedaite/advanced mtber's, riding rad trails with great food and skills sessions to boot!

Iride needs to get his facts straight: a kuier can only be called if there's a braai involved and not just beer drinking! [emoji12] What a blessed oke to be able to get to do that regularly!

Top shots from Ewald as usual. Has a serious knack for getting great visuals and angles.

Haha! I am a 'rooinek' so you'll have to forgive me on the definition ;)

You should join us on one of our 'Wild Weekends' then. 10-20 people, riding rad trails with good food and skills sessions to boot.

When!? 

I think I'll be in for that. Could definitely benefit from one of your skills sessions, Dan.

oh and I have 'kuiered' with this particular farm owner. It started at midnight as we were about to go to bed and finished at 4 a.m. (I think)

I will be there this weekend. My first ride there with the Trance - can't wait.

Thanks for posting that Captain. Flippin love that place. I know every one of those places in those photos, even the those fossils in the rocks. This is the most awesome riding in the WC.

Trust me, when I say that you haven't ridden all the trails there yet ;) We have discovered some incredible, hardcore riding recently after visiting it for more than 10 years. Making maps now...Enjoy your weekend there!

Trust me, when I say that you haven't ridden all the trails there yet ;) We have discovered some incredible, hardcore riding recently after visiting it for more than 10 years. Making maps now...Enjoy your weekend there!

We also found some serious rocky off trail stuff there. Needed some hike-a-bike to get there though. Flippin awesome.

Love those trails.

Their annual race in November is a great. "Dead man walking" is appropriately named and if that climb doesn't kill you, the heat at that time of the year will. Surprised that it isn't more popular. I'll be back every year!

When!? 

I think I'll be in for that. Could definitely benefit from one of your skills sessions, Dan.

One in Cederberg 28-30 Aug and one in Eselfontein 2 weeks later -11-13 Sept. Would be great to have you along.