Review: Specialized Rumor Elite

Kylie

The Rumor Elite is part of Specialized’s range of women’s specific mountain bikes. It is an alloy, dual-suspension 29er, featuring 110mm of travel front and rear. Specialized describe it as an “XC Trail” bike, meaning it offers a touch more travel and trail oriented geometry than a traditional XC bike such as the Epic (or the women’s specific Era), allowing the rider to get a little more playful and confident on the trail.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Spez designed this bike to perform with a juice filled bottle stuck in the middle of the frame? Why even bother, given what this machine was intended for!?!

The low standover is great, whether I choose to wear a dress or not.

So is being able to carry juice, which can be useful while riding. Just wondering what you think this " machine was intended for".

So is being able to carry juice, which can be useful while riding. Just wondering what you think this " machine was intended for".

To be ridden, one would hope!

Nice review. Will definitely point any lady to it whose considering buying a new bike.

Not a fan of bottles on MTB is all. Having a look at this bikes geometry I would imagine blasting down and over hills with lots of berm destroying would suite it best!  (Please restore all berm destroyed)

Another great review, Kylie!

Must agree with Kylie. The gearing seems quite low, but it's an easy fix and shouldn't be seen as a deal breaker. 

Of all the major brands, Spez is probably the most committed to creating women-specific bikes for all different riding styles. 

Not a fan of bottles on MTB is all. Having a look at this bikes geometry I would imagine blasting down and over hills with lots of berm destroying would suite it best!  (Please restore all berm destroyed)

The bike is definitely suited to some hill blasting.

Although not pretty- I think a bottle cage is still a plus for many riders (I don't enjoy carrying a pack)- and easier to remove than add on afterwards. 

The bike is definitely suited to some hill blasting.

Although not pretty- I think a bottle cage is still a plus for many riders (I don't enjoy carrying a pack)- and easier to remove than add on afterwards. 

Bike needs minimum 1 cage mount to make my shopping list. Like you say, easy enough to leave it off than having to figure a way to carry a bottle on a bike.

Even better yet is a frame that can take 2 bottles. It matters to most

"I love that it does not look girly or insipid."

Thank you for pointing this out. I really hate bikes that try to be overly girly by painting the bike in colours they believe are feminine and all women will like.

What's the point of the noticeably lower looking standover height than normal other than wearing a dress or why would they possibly need to do that? Nothing wrong with dresses, many men wear them in some cultures.

Isn't it a bit of an unnecessary cliche to make a ladies frame like that?

I'd think its the blokes if any thing, from an ergonomic perspective that is, that could at times truely appreciate a very low standover height?

would never want to own a frame again that does not hold at least 1 x water bottle ... been full hydration pack before and won't very easily do that again!

"I love that it does not look girly or insipid."

Thank you for pointing this out. I really hate bikes that try to be overly girly by painting the bike in colours they believe are feminine and all women will like.

100% agree, hopefully one day manufacturers will stop plastering most women's bike in pink.