Desert Dash Namibia ... 2015

alfeldo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was away when this got back on the calendar - probably wasn't going to make it this year anyway. Next year maybe. Great to see it alive again

• 3 weeks later...

So I did my first 180km solo MTB ride yesterday, followed by a 60km today.  Not as bad as I expected, but I definitely need a LOT more time in the saddle

Are you going solo? What time are you aiming for?

We're in for the 4-person team mixed - less than 10 weeks left.

Are you going solo? What time are you aiming for?

We're in for the 4-person team mixed - less than 10 weeks left.

Hi Sias

Glad you eventually got sorted with an entry.

Yes, solo... :eek:

I am just hoping to finish, but will pace for a 22 hour finish.  I don't have a huge ultra-endurance cycle background, so am stressing lots!

I'm aiming at doing another 240km + ride next weekend.

If you've done a few ultras you should be fine.

Don't go too hard in the first half and leave something in your legs for the last 12km of stage 2.

If you've done a few ultras you should be fine.

Don't go too hard in the first half and leave something in your legs for the last 12km of stage 2.

Thanx!

I'm planning on riding very conservatively... and I'll take any and all advice I can get

Thanx!

I'm planning on riding very conservatively... and I'll take any and all advice I can get

I can try and help if i can. You can PM me if there's anything I can help you with.

Hi Sias

Glad you eventually got sorted with an entry.

Yes, solo... :eek:

I am just hoping to finish, but will pace for a 22 hour finish.  I don't have a huge ultra-endurance cycle background, so am stressing lots!

I'm aiming at doing another 240km + ride next weekend.

what Date?

Thanx!

Yes, ride consistently rustig, and don't try to break the wind and the hills. 

So I did my first 180km solo MTB ride yesterday, followed by a 60km today.  Not as bad as I expected, but I definitely need a LOT more time in the saddle

Ishhh, this is a lot of riding with some time to go, don't kill yourself this early.

I can try and help if i can. You can PM me if there's anything I can help you with.

Thanx!

Will do...

Ishhh, this is a lot of riding with some time to go, don't kill yourself this early.

I agree... But I'm not working this week, and have some hectic work weeks coming up closer to the time.

Wanted to get some long rides in this week while I have the time.  Also give me the opportunity to try feeding etc., and make a plan if something doesn't work

• 4 weeks later...

Ayone from SA going to the event and have space available for me and my bike or otherwise only my bike?

Alternatively, I can drive and accomodate two people with their bikes.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Werner

Archived