Broken locking tabs - Garmin Edge 500

Fat Boab

The locking tabs on the back of my Edge 500 have broken off. Anyone have any DIY, or otherwise, ideas on how to resolve? Any SA supplier of the DogEars or the RaceWearDirect retrofit?

Any help much appreciated!

Dog Ears?

Edit:

Ok, I'll stop the feeble attempt at trolling, but seriously, that's what its called:

http://www.dogearsgps.com/

Wow, I'm really having a good day, helps to read the OP instead of just the thread title.

As per Spinnekop, also ordered from them in the past without any hassles.

• 2 weeks later...

The locking tabs on the back of my Edge 500 have broken off. Anyone have any DIY, or otherwise, ideas on how to resolve? Any SA supplier of the DogEars or the RaceWearDirect retrofit?

Any help much appreciated!

Hi.

Did you manage to repair your Garmin?

Hi.

Did you manage to repair your Garmin?

Was just enquiring for a back-up plan. Still waiting for news from the agent.....

I have 2 x Dog Ear mounts I got from them, also using one on my Edge 500. Send me a DM if you interested.Thanks

I have 2 x Dog Ear mounts I got from them, also using one on my Edge 500. Send me a DM if you interested.Thanks

I'll take one of them off your hands if you have 2 spare, else FB gets first option if you only have the one.

PM sent!

I have the same issue. I bought my 500 from Olympic cycles so they will return it to Garmin and they will replace the back. It takes a week, I cant be sure of the cost!

I have the same issue. I bought my 500 from Olympic cycles so they will return it to Garmin and they will replace the back. It takes a week, I cant be sure of the cost!

Were you out of warranty - 12 months I think?

Were you out of warranty - 12 months I think?

Yes out of warrantee for some time. I dropped the unit off today and will let you know the cost is once in hand.  

Archived