broke mine in april.

Bones were overlapping.

Let it heel with out surgery.

took six weeks and wore a sling for this time.

waited another two week for bones to harden up.

all is good.

This was the advise from three different doctors, one a childhood friend of mine.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the exact same injury (grade 3 ACL) 3 weeks ago. They operated the next day as there was just no chance of it healing on its own. Out of interest, how long were you in a sling post-op? I'm at 3 weeks now and still need it for most of the day.

What has the recovery been like? Have you regained a full range of motion yet?

Was in sling for 6 weeks.

Shoulder is okay, just depends on what movements I do if it painful or not.

Started swimming(breast stroke) and went for my first ride again 2 weeks ago.

There was a little bit of complications. Turns out I allergic to dissolvable stitches so the op had to be redone 3 weeks after the first one .

i went for the natural fix, takes much longer but doctor said breaking it again with the IDT in there could have very serious complications,         my 2c   :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that, you've had some bad luck! I hope it comes right. 

It's actually a pretty serious injury. I thought mine was just a dislocation at the time, but now, 4 weeks latter I still can't tie my shoelaces. 

Was in sling for 6 weeks.
Shoulder is okay, just depends on what movements I do if it painful or not.

Started swimming(breast stroke) and went for my first ride again 2 weeks ago.

There was a little bit of complications. Turns out I allergic to dissolvable stitches so the op had to be redone 3 weeks after the first one .

• 4 weeks later...

I fell on Tuesday fracturing my clavicle and have the surgery next week. The last time it happened I let it heal naturally but this time the surgeon said it was too severe. The worst part is that it happened a week away from Wine 2 Whales which I was so looking forward to...

I fell on Tuesday fracturing my clavicle and have the surgery next week. The last time it happened I let it heal naturally but this time the surgeon said it was too severe. The worst part is that it happened a week away from Wine 2 Whales which I was so looking forward to...

Bad luck bud. Hope it heals up quickly. Always break bones when Im at my fittest. Seems I'm not the not one.

I broke mine yesterday in 3 places, going for the op tomorrow.

Asked about natural healing and doc doesn't recommend that as they are totally out of alignment and pushing out against my skin.

So having it plated is the only way.

Asked about natural healing and doc doesn't recommend that as they are totally out of alignment and pushing out against my skin.

Take a pic.......an arty one.......you know you can......and post.

Strongs with the healing.

Take a pic.......an arty one.......you know you can......and post.

Strongs with the healing.

Thanks Mr B. Will try to get a pic of the X-ray today.

Good luck. Be patient and let it heal. I'm sitting at the ortho waiting room now to get an all ok

Speedy recovery. I am sure I saw you and two friends pass me at the Shell garage on Edwin Swales Saturday morning. I started from Suncoast and had just finished my 50 odd when that wind picked up. Decided to bail on a second circuit. I would not be surprised if that wind was calculated into the equation of your accident. All the best. Take it easy.

Thanks gents.

Op done on Monday, post xray done now so just waiting for the doc and should be out of here soon.

How soon did you guys start physio after the op?

Speedy recovery. I am sure I saw you and two friends pass me at the Shell garage on Edwin Swales Saturday morning. I started from Suncoast and had just finished my 50 odd when that wind picked up. Decided to bail on a second circuit. I would not be surprised if that wind was calculated into the equation of your accident. All the best. Take it easy.

Mine happened at Zimbali just before that bridge with the bad tar , and I think it has something to do with the wind and a light dusting of sand on the roads.

Part of being a cyclist they say...

Thanks gents.

Op done on Monday, post xray done now so just waiting for the doc and should be out of here soon.

How soon did you guys start physio after the op?

I started with physio (massages only) about 10 days after I left the hospital.

Worked with the physio, who kept treatment conservative, and now at six weeks after the operation I have near full range of motion. Only movement I'm aware of that restricted is moving my arm horizontally across my chest to the other side.

The physio is very happy so far, and my collarbone is not giving me any issues. Only limiting issue I have is the ribs that were fractured during thefall

Archived