UCI DH World Champs 2015

Stretch

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to say Troy and then gwin. Troy's shown sam hill levels of commitment.

Sam Hill... i'd love for him to take it, but I have a feeling they've downplayed the actual injury. Won't surprise me if Hill undergoes surgery again immediately after worlds. I think he couldn't have that surgery after injurying it because recovery would have meant missing the rest of the world cups and worlds. I think he thinks he has enough in the shoulder to handle a one run win attempt. But this is dicey stuff. He still has to handle practice sessions, and a full pace lap or two might undo what stability is left in the shoulder, and ruin worlds for him. But that's the risk and he knows it.

Or so I believe.

Hill as the sentimental favorite, Troy as the form favorite.

Let's hope Sam had been doing more than just making babies!!

the schedule http://vallnordworldchampionships.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/schedule_wchamps2015_ok.jpg

Hey Nigel, how are you and the rest of the saffas feeling on the track after a few runs...are we going to give a strong finish or just just enjoying the experience..

Hey Nigel, how are you and the rest of the saffas feeling on the track after a few runs...are we going to give a strong finish or just just enjoying the experience..

The Elites and Juniors are loving it over there now. I am home already and back at work  :unsure:

The track was super tough to learn as it was very different to what we ride here. 

The top is similar to home (a bit of Cascades mixed with a bit of Giba), but the 2nd half of the track is another style of riding altogether. Its very steep, but not actually rocky, just rooty and rough with big holes which form from the guys braking. 

The chutes in the dry turn into powder a foot deep so you cant see the holes and just have to go for it ... You feel like you are surfing or skiing down some sections as you are locked up but just having to slide down a chute to the tiny catch berm at the bottom.

The Elites are going to have a tough time of it if it rains like its forecast too

There was a massive storm on the hill last night ...

Trek World Racing and Scott team pits destroyed.

Look at the last pic to see what the pits looked like yesterday vs this morning ....

Thanks Jimmy Redman for the pics that I pinched from your FB site

post-16861-0-49996100-1441091796_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-24405100-1441091799_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-44881000-1441091802_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-30851500-1441091805_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-93779800-1441091809_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-70532400-1441091813_thumb.jpg

There was a massive storm on the hill last night ...

Trek World Racing and Scott team pits destroyed.

Look at the last pic to see what the pits looked like yesterday vs this morning ....

Thanks Jimmy Redman for the pics that I pinched from your FB site

As much as I would like for Loic or Remi to win it. If it is wet, I will put my money on Danny...

As much as I would like for Loic or Remi to win it. If it is wet, I will put my money on Danny...

....the one trick pony  :whistling:  :ph34r:  :devil:

The Philogenes are there and having a blast ... Chris broke his Zee brake lever so I lent him my XT's off my bike just in case he couldnt find a replacement.

They have walked the track and also say it looks gnarly ... So will be interesting to see how they fare against the other juniors who have been racing this sort of stuff all season.

As I said to them though its their first worlds so have expectations but if you get smoked dont be despondent just learn from it and take what you have learnt into the next season to up your game. So Sunday should be interesting

Archived