Seatpost water bottle bracket

Meentb

Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a full suspension frame and now I need to find a good mount to attach the bottle cage to the seatpost.

What do you guys use, recommend, suggest etc.

Im using a blackburn carbon cage so I hope the cage will hold the bottle. Just need the clamp to hold the cage.

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a full suspension frame and now I need to find a good mount to attach the bottle cage to the seatpost.

Im using a blackburn carbon cage so I hope the cage will hold the bottle. Just need the clamp to hold the cage.

Thanks

Not sure about the seat post mount itself, pretty much all the same, but get a side loading holder, made a huge difference for me.

I drink my front bottle first, and then just swop them out, dont like my hand spending too much time away from the bars on a MTB :)

Hi everyone.

Thanks

These SPECIALIZED clamps

post-182-0-24209800-1441109173_thumb.png

Its important to get a cage and bottle combo that work well together i.e. the bottle does not fall out at speed over bumps

i have one of those clamps like swiss posted and use cable ties for extra stability and to angle it slightly to the side so i can pull it out easier

I use those Specialized clamps as well, but Ryder makes similar ones. Momsen makes carbon ones that are also very good. Just check the seat post size before you buy the clamps.

I use the Blackburn carbon bottle cage and it works really well. Be sure to use the bottle with an indent that fits snugly and it won't fall out.

You can get those clamps at you local bike shop, Ryder also makes them. I agree with the desent bottle cage, the side entry from Specialized works for me.

I usually hold the back bottle in place by putting those rubber elastics (like the I RIDE FOR BURRY / LIVESTRONG band around the seatpost and over the mouthpiece of the bottle.

Changing bottles whilst shredding trail is something to get used to...

Enjoy the new machine...

These SPECIALIZED clamps

attachicon.gif2015-09-01_1404.png

Its important to get a cage and bottle combo that work well together i.e. the bottle does not fall out at speed over bumps

Rhyder make simlar ones - also good - just make sure you know your seatpost diameter before you go shopping.

Super thanks for all the input.

How do you guys "protect" the seatpost when using those clamps. Not to keen to stuff up the new seatpost too

ryder clamps with a lezyne flow bottle cage, never lost a bottle. 

http://www.wigglestatic.com/images/lezyne-flow-cage-2012-zoom.jpg81ZLugvZw5L._SL256_.jpg

If you ride a fizik saddle, remove that little blank off cover thing for the integrated fizik saddle bag(I know the tundra has it) as it gets knocked out easily.

Lezyne make a decent bottle cage as well but it's R250ish.

Get used to using it though and like patch said use one bottle then swop over, I really wouldn't suggest trying to use it a whole bunch of times while going over some technical stuff.

ryder clamps with a lezyne flow bottle cage, never lost a bottle.

http://www.wigglestatic.com/images/lezyne-flow-cage-2012-zoom.jpg81ZLugvZw5L._SL256_.jpg

This is the exact cage I mentioned in my post. Works like a dream. That cage is tight like a nun[emoji23]

This is the exact cage I mentioned in my post. Works like a dream. That cage is tight like tighter than a nun[emoji23]

fixed it for you  :whistling:

just need to make sure the bottle you use fits into the lip nice and tight

Super thanks for all the input.

How do you guys "protect" the seatpost when using those clamps. Not to keen to stuff up the new seatpost too

Torque wrench....

i use ryder clamps with a carbon cage - works fine.   if the terrain is rough I use a velcro strap around the bottle