Niner is back and online

News bot

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing i don't understand is the Online and dealer structure working together.. Surely the reason you sell direct is to either make more profit yourself OR get the price of the bikes to be competitive (cutting out the dealer mark up) 

Obviously you give your dealers a discount on the RRP and then technically they sell the bike at RRP otherwise the consumer would just buy direct. And you promise to your dealers that you wont undercut them on pricing. 

What happens when you have sales? or discounts ? like your launch discounts.. do you still offer the dealer a discount on those offers? 

If you do, then i would encourage everyone to just order through their local LBS (or your dealers) because technically you shouldn't be paying anymore than direct and would be building a good relationship with a shop which would be more inclined to help you out in "those" situations (you know, the friday afternoon glitch and i'm racing saturday morning situations) 

Hi CaneRat,

We are online only in SA now. If it were to be through the retailer, the pricing would be even more, so niner SA took the position of offering the best possible pricing to consumers by going direct.

As mentioned in previous posts, right now there is no new 2106 pricing from many of the brands, so when the retailers get them and you start seeing the pricing is when ours will start seeming far more favourable and not just 'retail online'.

so with regards the working together with the retailer goes, we have setup (and adding to) a authorised assembly network of dealers. They get paid by niner to build the bike so the customers doesn't have to, and in return, the get a customer walking through the door for them to do their great selling of bombs, bars and so on.

Cheers,

Team Niner

Join the club, but oh nelly if the right kermit sir comes along, I will snap it up quicker than you can say hond se kierie

eyes on a RLT...and if the stars align with will be the steel one.

Join the club, but oh nelly if the right kermit sir comes along, I will snap it up quicker than you can say hond se kierie

If you looking for just the frame, that's only R12599.

Do we hear a hond se kierie? :)

eyes on a RLT...and if the stars align with will be the steel one.

Really the thing with niner...everyone of their bikes are appealing. Quite tough for a brand to get right.

ja no other brand is punting prices on their websites, we all want it, so one brand steps up and then we moan cost the ZAR is as weak as my tea.

I bet Spez will never post prices on their South African site.

Yours sincerely, a previous Niner owner.

We really hope you not 'previous' for long :) Please come back and #PedalDamnIt!

just sell that Verhoffervaufen and get back on a Niner..

kermit green in medium?

just sell that Verhoffervaufen and get back on a Niner..

What Foo said ;)

We have a shipment arriving in a few weeks. you can mail us at sales@niner.co.za if you would like to backorder/buy one and you'll be as happy as Kermit with Miss Piggy before you know it!

Hi CaneRat,

We are online only in SA now. If it were to be through the retailer, the pricing would be even more, so niner SA took the position of offering the best possible pricing to consumers by going direct.

As mentioned in previous posts, right now there is no new 2106 pricing from many of the brands, so when the retailers get them and you start seeing the pricing is when ours will start seeming far more favourable and not just 'retail online'.

so with regards the working together with the retailer goes, we have setup (and adding to) a authorised assembly network of dealers. They get paid by niner to build the bike so the customers doesn't have to, and in return, the get a customer walking through the door for them to do their great selling of bombs, bars and so on.

Cheers,

Team Niner

Ahh ok, thanks for the response. So they not making money on the actual bike, just the workshop fee.

I have no argument over your pricing.  

As someone said if the prices are too high for you then look elsewhere, ultimately the market will dictate if your pricing is too high or not. You will either make money or you wont and the business wont be viable. Im sure you have done your homework. 

What Foo said ;)

We have a shipment arriving in a few weeks. you can mail us at sales@niner.co.za if you would like to backorder/buy one and you'll be as happy as Kermit with Miss Piggy before you know it!

Schweeeet where do I signup for the newsletter!