Croeser contravenes UCI medical rules

News bot

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hijack on/off

Investigation is still ongoing, and there is footage of the original bust that will be showed on DSTV.

Now back to the NB thing. 

This is being handled like ass by all the parties. 

Which channel and when?

I use a syringe to inject a bit of fork oil on my Manitou Marvel's dust seals... It's a diabetic injection needle... Maybe that is all there is to it...

I use a syringe to inject a bit of fork oil on my Manitou Marvel's dust seals... It's a diabetic injection needle... Maybe that is all there is to it...

If you were a professional you will not be allowed to have it with you. Does not matter what he wanted to use it for, it is NOT allowed

Edit: Just make sure you don't scratch the stanchions when you do that to the fork. (I assume you put the needle between the the wiper and the stanchions)

Edited by Niner

raaaaait

See comments wonder what the alleged HGB analyzer is for

post-9825-0-43224000-1441953417_thumb.jpg

In response to those speculating to how it could have been found, it could've been a "random" (aka targeted) search by anti-doping guys. Interestingly enough, whilst I travelled with my team into France from Belgium in August, we were pulled off by the French douane (customs). Our camper and team car (which we rented from Caja Rural) was thoroughly searched. They went as far as reading through our team manager's notebook! Apparently it is standard procedure for them to stop and search cycling team vehicles in an attempt to find illegal substances.

Perhaps it was something to this extent and Rourke's bag was searched? However, I doubt that Andorran customs would be updated on anti-doping laws and having a syringe in your possession isn't illegal. This is why I believe it was a targeted search by anti-doping officials. So what if he was targeted? It doesn't mean he's guilty. I don't think it's fair to pass judgement on the guy just yet.

Edit: Of course, no discretion is needed when the "system" proves he's guilty.

Edited by Cal Naughton Jr.

Also, I would just like to add that being in possession of a syringe (if he so happens to be innocent) really sounds like amateur hour. At that level you should know exactly what will land you in trouble

Also, I would just like to add that being in possession of a syringe (if he so happens to be innocent) really sounds like amateur hour. At that level you should know exactly what will land you in trouble

That's how David Millar was bust, stupid!!

In response to those speculating to how it could have been found, it could've been a "random" (aka targeted) search by anti-doping guys. Interestingly enough, whilst I travelled with my team into France from Belgium in August, we were pulled off by the French douane (customs). Our camper and team car (which we rented from Caja Rural) was thoroughly searched. They went as far as reading through our team manager's notebook! Apparently it is standard procedure for them to stop and search cycling team vehicles in an attempt to find illegal substances.

Perhaps it was something to this extent and Rourke's bag was searched? However, I doubt that Andorran customs would be updated on anti-doping laws and having a syringe in your possession isn't illegal. This is why I believe it was a targeted search by anti-doping officials. So what if he was targeted? It doesn't mean he's guilty. I don't think it's fair to pass judgement on the guy just yet.

Edit: Of course, no discretion is needed when the "system" proves he's guilty.

What do you mean by this? He is guilty for breaking a RULE!

I don't think people care what he wanted to use it for, that is another case all together and speculation. But for this, he is guilty. You should not have this on you at all.

Is a HGB analyzer the machine that diabetics would use to test blood suger levels, or is it used for something else?

Edited by koukie

raaaaait

Very interesting if this turns out to be correct.

Maybe he wanted to see if the level increases after racing at altitude?

:eek:

raaaaait

This is what I carry in my back pocket....

But then again I am not a pro, and if I was, i'd make sure I got a TUE...post-50-0-07974400-1441954435_thumb.jpg

Edited by eddy

This is what I carry in my back pocket....

No offence, but what has this got to do with a pro caught with a syringe?

Is a HGB analyzer the machine that diabetics would use to test blood suger levels, or is it used for something else?

From a quick google.

http://www.ekfdiagnostics.com/Hemoglobin_Analysers_114.aspx

Hemo Control is a robust hemoglobin analyser designed to provide quantitative, lab quality results (imprecision of less than 2%) within 25 seconds for blood banks, hospitals and clinics. And also, thanks to its integrated rechargeable battery, it is the perfect analyser for use in the field. Which is why you will find Hemo Control (sold as HemoPoint H2 in the USA) used in anemia screening programmes in some of the world's most challenging environments.

The range also includes the Hemo Control Manager which provides bar coded identification of patients, operators, controls and cuvettes and Hemo Vet for veterinary use.

STAT-Site is a hand-held hemoglobin analyser that combines low cost per test with portability. It is especially suited to blood screening programmes in developing world markets but also has a niche in settings where operators are mobile.

UltraCrit is a high accuracy hematocrit measurement device for blood donor screening, It is the first and only hematocrit/hemoglobin measurement device to use ultrasound technology. UltraCrit has shown an accuracy of ≤0.4%.

HemataSTAT can quickly measure hemotocrit in any setting.

The HemataSTAT® is a microhematocrit system. It provides quantitative hematocrit. The hematocrit method measures the amount of red blood cells in relation to the amount of plasma. HemataSTAT® is also perfect for veterinary use

The DiaSpect Hemoglobin T and its hand held counterpart DiaSpect Tm are the world’s fastest Hemoglobin measurement systems with laboratory quality performance for anemia screening in any environment, with results in 1-2 seconds.

Edited by Patchelicious

From a quick google.

Hemo Control is a robust hemoglobin analyser designed to provide quantitative, lab quality results (imprecision of less than 2%) within 25 seconds for blood banks, hospitals and clinics. And also, thanks to its integrated rechargeable battery, it is the perfect analyser for use in the field. Which is why you will find Hemo Control (sold as HemoPoint H2 in the USA) used in anemia screening programmes in some of the world's most challenging environments.

The range also includes the Hemo Control Manager which provides bar coded identification of patients, operators, controls and cuvettes and Hemo Vet for veterinary use.

STAT-Site is a hand-held hemoglobin analyser that combines low cost per test with portability. It is especially suited to blood screening programmes in developing world markets but also has a niche in settings where operators are mobile.

UltraCrit is a high accuracy hematocrit measurement device for blood donor screening, It is the first and only hematocrit/hemoglobin measurement device to use ultrasound technology. UltraCrit has shown an accuracy of ≤0.4%.

HemataSTAT can quickly measure hemotocrit in any setting.

The HemataSTAT® is a microhematocrit system. It provides quantitative hematocrit. The hematocrit method measures the amount of red blood cells in relation to the amount of plasma. HemataSTAT® is also perfect for veterinary use

The DiaSpect Hemoglobin T and its hand held counterpart DiaSpect Tm are the world’s fastest Hemoglobin measurement systems with laboratory quality performance for anemia screening in any environment, with results in 1-2 seconds.

Counting red blood cells, now this is VERY interesting