Nissan Trailseeker #4 Hakahana

corriekuilder

???????????????? luckily not. Oh. Except Lycra. But upskilling will allow you to ride smoother with tenfold enjoyment. Join us for one day on the trail and you will see where it's at. In fact most Sunday's we have regular groups going out.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lycra went many moons ago so that's the easy part and I'm looking forward to upskilling part which is the harder part.

Interesting to read some of the feedback here. I didn't do this race (don't race marathons) but I do love riding at Hakahana. 

You guys should join us at the next #enduro race /event the last weekend in November at Hakahana. It is awesome really. It will get all your confidence up on the downs and obviously test your fitness again on the ups. 

Way less riders on the trails (as we start one by one in 30seconds intervals) so there's no stress about walkers in your way. The crowd is also very jolly (goid banter included for sure) during and after the event. 

Please keep an eye on the Hakahana website or facebook page for the details... This one coming is going to be the last for the year and it is going to be spectacular! 

Thanks Hayley for the heads up ... I'll definitely put this on in the Calender for Nov.

Oh. I almost forgot. I have one major complaint.

To the 2 morons I saw littering... You are what's wrong with the world. And one of you after I stopped my race to help you with your stuck dropper post. Idiots. And they both threw their litter so far off the trail that I couldn't find it.

To the 2 morons I saw littering... You are what's wrong with the world. And one of you after I stopped my race to help you with your stuck dropper post. Idiots. And they both threw their litter so far off the trail that I couldn't find it.

That and the guys who shortcut... :devil:

My 2c

Was my first try at a Nissan trail. Was a bit disappointed. The pushing your bike down hills behind queues and up hills was really frustrating.

I had 2 spectacular crashes, both were because I was stuck behind someone or a queue, one couldn't stop in time and one didn't un-cleat in time.

I somehow landed on the 40km route and ended up only doing 35km of 70.

I might go out and ride the Haka when there are a little fewer people pushing their bikes but I don't think i'll do this marathon again.

Interesting to read some of the feedback here. I didn't do this race (don't race marathons) but I do love riding at Hakahana. 

You guys should join us at the next #enduro race /event the last weekend in November at Hakahana. It is awesome really. It will get all your confidence up on the downs and obviously test your fitness again on the ups. 

Way less riders on the trails (as we start one by one in 30seconds intervals) so there's no stress about walkers in your way. The crowd is also very jolly (goid banter included for sure) during and after the event. 

Please keep an eye on the Hakahana website or facebook page for the details... This one coming is going to be the last for the year and it is going to be spectacular! 

1 condition tho - NO LYCRA !!!

I did the marathon last year when it was properly winter and it gave me a hiding of note.  Came back this year fitter and more experienced hoping that at least I would not walk all the ride-able climbs.  It was not to be, Hakahana in the heat gave me another lesson in 'Harden the ****up'. Completed the 'marathon', and wasn't even that sad it was 10km shorter than last year, although it would have been OK.

I thought it was piss poor that despite the 'Heat Wave' warnings from the organisers and the shorter distances, there wasn't enough water at  the water-points.

My first Haka, enjoyed the route. Also battled with the bottlenecks and the walkers.

But that I discovered at the start line is my bad, I didn't know you could query your seeding - Seriously G batch after starting in C in Dullstroom???? Anyway I didn't have to walk myself except for the first wooden bridge, didn't see why that was un-rideable? Did a 1:44 for the half, so it was okay I guess. Love the technical stuff, want to ride it without the jams!

Very lekker event I am loving how well the Nissan Trailseeker events are managed - well done guys and gals!  

Should have got their board number to name and shame, plus ban them from entering races. Just put your litter in your back pockets. Its that simple.

Was my 1st ever half marathon and really enjoyed it. Yes there were bottlenecks and yes there were walkers but that didn't ruin it for me.

My lack of fitness combined with the hilly terrain made it tough, and the heat made it even tougher but still, lekka event. I will be back next year better prepared !

Some suspicious finishing times in the results.  :ph34r:

Checked one okes racing history on SASeeding and his finishing time in this race. He must be on something or took a right turn instead of a left.  :whistling:

Do they check for anomalies in the result set?

Did the half and then road the 20km with wife and oldest son. Grandad road with the youngest son on the 10km. Awesome day out. Much fun in the soaring heat!! I had gearbox issues from 10km, tried to fix it a few times but no luck. Got to the second water point and I saw a bike stand with I think was "torque zone" guys?? What awesome service!! Better than what I get at my LBS I recon. They put my bike in the stand, not before wrapping cloth around the carbon frame, sorted out the gears and then even lubed the chain. I get like a pro. Who can I contact to pay a huge compliment??

www.torqzone.co.za Owner is Dirk Oerlemans

Archived