[Event] CWC Durbie Dash

Doeda

I am stoked I gave this a skip, as it turned out my legs went AWOL on Saturday. I thought I would sneak up Hillcrest and go do a lap of Bloemendaaler including that new bit, but to no avail. I had nothing in me... :blush:

While I was riding up Tiekiedraai from home, I saw an EMT off-road bakkie seemingly lost, obviously looking for someone. It turns out someone injured their arm, according to the EMT lady, and she did not know A) where Hillcrest was?, and B) how to get to the injured person. I pointed her in the right direction.

I hope the injured person is okay though, cause she was searching for well over a half hour before I intervened when she passed me for what must have been the eleventeenth time...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah my two mates had their bikes stolen. Happy I didn't go.

Seems this event had it all.!

Pity.

Time to call in Kelson Elena Da Cruz !!!

Do you have more details. Was it stolen from the secure bike park?

Do you have more details. Was it stolen from the secure bike park?

At one point, just past the prison I would have given my bike away :/

There are only 77 finishers in A. Where are you guys getting figures of 150 starters? 

the ppa start marshal when he remarked to the next bunch that there were 150 in A

You guys moaning about shyte...if you rode the 65km MTB then your race was brutal, proper racing, small bunch and if you crashed it was you own fault.

You guys moaning at shyte...if you rode the 65km MTB then your race was brutal, proper racing, small bunch and if you crashed it was you own fault.

here you go guys, get it over with.

post-77543-0-15349900-1445863851_thumb.jpg

Agree, organisation was really good. Water points, route markings, the route itself was great. Loved the event, very very well organised in every sense.

One small negative, again saw a couple of riders using other people PPA seeding boards. When you have a MA or MB board on your bike and you are keeping up ME and MG riders, obviously you didnt earn that seeding.

Just for the record, I started in MC and was my first race since recovering from the Flu - I then hit 53 km and got a terrible dose of sun stroke and ended very poorly and had to push every hill after that - Ended up puking a few times and had to visit the "bush toilet" which was not pleasant to say the least.  But I never gave up and still finished a few from the back.  And, no it was unfortunately my own Number Board. :blush:

Maybe someone can explain in short..i know its been discussed numerous times already....

I thought id check out my ppa seeding after the durbie dash, looking at my seeding and index derived from that race shows the winners time as 2:00:05 and not 2:10:43 as its shown on racetec??

I see that, just dont understand it  :blush:

If top riders where there, no time adjustment ,now that mere mortals rode, they reduced the time to reflect what true rider would have done it in.

If top riders where there, no time adjustment ,now that mere mortals rode, they reduced the time to reflect what true rider would have done it in.

Thanks!

Archived