Kids Balance Bike recommendations

GgL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the latest in balance bikes? My lightie is 2 in the next few weeks and I think its time to upgrade from his little plastic motorbike.

Have read through all the posts above, A few different options mentioned. They still the best options?

My 2 and half year old loves his muna. Took him a while to get used to it but now you can't get him off it.3ca4c9597978ada9f340a309e3874af7.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Had this one above, but after that was stolen got him an Isla bike, the Isla bike is a lot faster, proper bearings, 4 kg lighter and great V brake. All that needs to happen is a set of proper bars and re spray.

Whats the latest in balance bikes? My lightie is 2 in the next few weeks and I think its time to upgrade from his little plastic motorbike.

Have read through all the posts above, A few different options mentioned. They still the best options?

If you can find an Isla bike that is the bee's knees. 

Im still a firm believer in the Strider. Lowest standover and lighter than most. I see the Muna/Papa now costs the same as the Strider so no longer the cheaper option.

Find somebody in Euprope/UK that can bring home a littlebig 3in1 bike. You won't look back for a straight 5 years. Yes. 5. It grows with your kid and is solidly built to last.

Find somebody in Euprope/UK that can bring home a littlebig 3in1 bike. You won't look back for a straight 5 years. Yes. 5. It grows with your kid and is solidly built to last.

Just googled it. Wow that is cool. Must be something similar available locally.

Hi All

I am also now looking into the balance bikes. 

What I have seen so far is:

Muna - Good price but does not have a steering limiter. Is the steering limiter important? I like the idea of them not dropping the bike and picking it up again, while the brake cable keeps wrapping around the post etc. (less admin)

Y- Bike - saddle height higher than the Muna, and a bit big for my little one. Negative is that it only has two heights, based on two wheel mounts on the forks.

First Bike looks cool, but on the expensive side and I have not seen one.

JD Bug, could only find on Take a Lot, with it showing out of stock 

Other options?

Just googled it. Wow that is cool. Must be something similar available locally.

Unfortunately not. The company is still relatively new and their distribution network still has a long way to go. They can ship directly to SA though. I have not looked at the costs in this regard but it may be worth looking into. Especially when you have to factor buying 3 local bikes over your little one's life.

Unfortunately not. The company is still relatively new and their distribution network still has a long way to go. They can ship directly to SA though. I have not looked at the costs in this regard but it may be worth looking into. Especially when you have to factor buying 3 local bikes over your little one's life.

My only reason did not go for this is if you have a second child, they will be on the balance bike when the bigger one is on the pedal bike. If have only one kid ideal. 

normally I would say that something that does more than one function will not do any of them well. you know kind of like the corkscrew/knife/pliers on a leatherman - it'll do the job but the dedicated tool is much better in every case.

This however does look like a really awesome concept and it looks like they've got it right. I'm too far down the road but am interested to see if they take off

We have the Avalance Beni. Now on the second of 3 kids. I can really recommend it.

The first one rode it for a year and went straight to a 16” pedal bike. The second one is about to go the same route.